Photo
- - - - -

Joining a server produces "Server is not responding" message in "Steam Game Info" window

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 French Baguette

French Baguette

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 08:35 PM

TF2C Profile: French Baguette
Region: EU

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: In-game
Lobby ID: #1189297
Date & Time: 22 february 21.00 CET, also multiple times 2 days prior

Over the last two days and tonight I have tried to join multiple tf2 center lobbies. Everything went smoothly until the whole lobby readied up and it was time to connect. Everyone was able to successfully connect to the server except me. Immediately when the connecting began the "steam game info" window appeared and said "server is not responding". I tried clicking the refresh and the retry button to no effect. Consequently i was unable to join the game and received a cooldown. This has happened in every single lobby i tried to join.
I tried restarting tf2, using the "connect + server IP" command in TF2, restarting my PC, and verifying the game files.
It is worth noting that this had never happened 2 years ago before my TF2 break. I have returned to playing around 2 weeks ago and this bug has made me unable to play tf2c. The only thing I did with the game is reinstall a new updated version of mastercomfig, an updated version of toonhud and a fresh reinstall of Yttrium's viewmodels: " " (although none of these should have affected anything since I used them 2yrs ago as well)
I can join casual, community and uncletopia servers(to which you also connect through the browser) without issues.

Here is a link to the screenshots as i received an error uploading them directly to the bug report: " https://imgur.com/a/6BvNGrE".
The third screenshot is what happens when I try to connect through the console.