• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Just me

Just me

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

When a lobby is missing a player, an emergency "lobby" is created to find a new player as soon as possible. As a relatively new player I wasn't aware that I can't view the lobby as usual before signing up for a slot (the slot of the missing player). I clicked the lobby to view it, but was immediately put into the open slot. I didn't see any way to cancel the assignment, so I just closed the tab. When I returned to the tab with the lobby list, I was notified that I had been removed and reported for joining the lobby and then leaving.

There is no reason the "emergency" lobby should work different from a normal lobby. It should be treated like any other lobby, so if I open it I should see who is in the lobby and have the option to take the slot or don't take it. At least there should be a warning message that I'm about to definitely join the launched lobby.

As there was no way for me to know that an emergency lobby works different from a normal one, I don't deserve the 5% reliability loss for not joining the game. I don't know if and when I return to 100% reliability, but I'm anyway not happy with it, regardless how many players don't have 100%, and would like to have removed the penalty.

Edited by Just me, 14 August 2014 - 09:45 PM.

• fraac and Yats like this

#2 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:51 AM

It is pretty clear when you hover your mouse over the lobby, it tells you "Join Sub", so you are joining as a substitute player. This is why there is a visible difference between open lobbies (not started) and active lobbies requiring sub players (games started) You clicked on the link indicating you were going to play the sub spot but you never joined, hence the reliability drop.

Whilst this is your first time and not being experienced, I can understand your point of view. The basis of substitutes will be explained on the landing page upon full release. As for the reliability hit, your reliability will improve after a game or two.

#3 Just me

Just me

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

And another one: I just joined a lobby and tried to connect. TF2 gave me the error message "only players in lobby can join". I was in the lobby ("out of game") and tried to join, I did nothing wrong. A sub was called, I got a 5% reliability penalty. Are you fucking kidding me??

If this is your understanding of a good reliability system, it's worth nothing.

Edited by Just me, 15 August 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#4 Aphex

Aphex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

And another one: I just joined a lobby and tried to connect. TF2 gave me the error message "only players in lobby can join". I was in the lobby ("out of game") and tried to join, I did nothing wrong. A sub was called, I got a 5% reliability penalty. Are you fucking kidding me??

If this is your understanding of a good reliability system, it's worth nothing.

Same thing happened to me today in a lobby. The red demo slot was bugged the entire game. Myself, and any subs after me were unable to join due to "not being in the lobby"

How many binds could a pyro spam if a pyro could spam binds?

#5 Just me

Just me

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

And another nice thing about your reliability system. I joined a lobby to play heavy, did nearly get no heals of the med. He made some cryptic statements about someone not getting healed. When I complained about not getting healed appropriately and the med didn't say he would heal me but still made cryptic statements about it, I said there is no base for me to continue this game and reported him. I then got reported by enough people for a reliability drop for the reason "afk", although I only was afk long enough to complain in the chat.

So this is the kind of reliability you want to establish, that retarded kids on retarded servers of retarded teamstackers can make your reliability drop only because you're not playing their retarded game? How does your reliability system protect me as a serious lobby player from abuse like that?

Edited by Just me, 15 August 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#6 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

as of now, reliability means pretty much nothing. No one cares about it because it's buggy and random for the most part. You're overreacting.

• The Once and Future King and Yats like this
Posted Image