• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 harrymuana

harrymuana

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

So since I recently reinstalled tf2 I only had the standard maps. So when I joined a lobby that played cp_process_final, I made sure to download the map from the link given in the lobby (and of course placed it in the maps folder). 

But when everyone was ready, and I started to connect to the server, I saw that he tried to download the map and then I got an error saying "Client map differs from the servers". I tried reinstalling the map, I tried removing it from my folder and letting it download from the server, but nothing worked. 

So now my reliability is pretty fucked up due to a very low amount of games, but I hope that doesn't matter too much. Anyways, I'd like to know if there is a solution, because else I can only join the badlands/granary/... and be sure of playing.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

This sure isn't a TF2C side bug, so I'll move this to the lounge.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how to help. I had a similar problem with koth_king (less of an issue) when SteamPipe came out, but it sort of solved itself.

#3 harrymuana

harrymuana

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

You're right, it is not a TF2C bug (I just encountered it here first, that's why). After searching for some other downloads, I found this one, and now I can join the valve cp_process_final maps (so I assume also the tf2c ones, since I couldn't join the valve ones before). 

Alas, it was only after trying to join a cp_process_final a second time (dumb choice) that I found the solution. This means that the download links for cp_process_final given on tf2c did not work twice! I'm not sure if the download links come from the server creator or from tf2c, but it is only on this specific map that it did not work (I tried downloading another map and that one did work). 

• UL7RA likes this

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

From what I've heard, TF2C creates a listener for the map the lobby is trying to host. If it has the same name in it's database, it moves on. If not, it uploads it first, than continues.

So really, you could rename pl_badwater to cp_steel and TF2C wouldn't know the difference, and no one would be able to join because of the map differences.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!