• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Professor Hugbox

Professor Hugbox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

I have not been able to get any straight answers on my questions, and I keep being told different information from different members of staff and members in general.

I do not rent servers like most players do, I run a privately owned server that I pay monthly for.

I was first told that I needed to install all of the configs into my server and that Lobby would take of the rest, so Installed the UGC Highlander configs and proceeded to set up a lobby for UGC Highland Upward. The server had been running fine by itself for hours without crashing, but when players start to enter my server as we're getting ready to paly the lobby, it crashes.

I am then told by multiple members I don't need any configs at all and Center takes care of everything, but I'm too scared of letting more players down to test this out either.

Can someone give me a definitive answer?

#2 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

TF2C will set up all configs, you don't need those. You *do* need the relevant whitelists from ETF2L / UGC (whichever you'll use, or just have both) since we can't submit that over rcon.

As for the crashing, not sure. Is it only when people start to join the server? Is it *always* when people start to join the server?

#3 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

Is the crashing when they just join or is it when the ready up timer hits 0? One way to fix this might be, assuming you are running the server yourself, to run steamcmd and run app_update validate on the server.

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Are you running SOAP DM? That's crashed my server several times, and its normally when the ready up timer hits 0.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#5 Professor Hugbox

Professor Hugbox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

The server is a clean install other than the configs, so I assume I don't have SOAP DM, whatever that is. The crashing started when people start to join the server, still pregame, before anyone was ready. I confirmed this wasn't due to my provider closing the server from too many slots, as I have 20 slots in case the SourceTV bot took up one, and I run Highlander. After the crash I afked in the serverfor about 4 hours to see if anything would happen but nothing, so I assume it didn't like a lot of players joining.

#6 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Linux?  I'd be glad to do something like set you up a server and then hand it off.  I can get there pretty quickly by just copying over my standard server build.  My servers have run a lot of lobbies.

#7 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

Are you running any plugins?  Source mod or metamod?  Try running as vanilla as possible.  If you have SM/MM disable them by simply renaming the addons folder.

#8 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hugbox, add me in steam if you would like help.  I'd be glad to do whatever I can in order to get this working for you.

#9 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

If your trying to run vanilla, but still want stats / etc, use TFTrue. Pretty good alternative competitive mod if SourceMod is crashing.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!