#1 FromZero2Hero

FromZero2Hero

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Just happend again. Our medic disconnected for a reason before the match actually started. People start instantly to report him because they don't have patience. Medic reconnects after 30 seconds and he can't enter the server anymore.

Just let autoreport do its job? 

• fraac likes this

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

In pre-game, there's time to spare, so it's less necessary to insta-rep people. I like this idea but the implementation can get fuzzy (not quite hairy, but fuzzy).

#3 dabeste92

dabeste92

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

Hi.

Today i joined a sub spot, immediatly started connecting. Because TF2 wasnt't open, it took some time until i actually started connecting.

Was around a minute or so. When i was done connecting i got the message "only lobby players are allowed to join" or something like that.

Yep, i got repped, even though it took me less than 2 minutes to *join*.

This text here, which is in the "bubbles" in tf2center says i get 2 minutes to START connecting:

Afraid that your slow computer will cause you to be reported? Don’t worry, TF2Center will allow you 3 minutes to start connecting to the server, rather than being ready in the game. For connecting subs, this value is currently 2 minutes.

Obviously the players on the server repped me, not the lobby-system.

But why is this even possible?

I did absolutely nothing wrong and still got another -5% reliability

Can't you just disable reporting for players that start connecting within 2 minutes? Because that's what your text tells me every day..

Edited by TheMattgician, 08 August 2014 - 09:09 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Connecting time"

Saltmaster since 2013

#4 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

Fromzero: Can you summarize how you think it should work?

#5 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Well MooCow, a simple way would be to disable reporting all together until the the event "Round Started" is triggered by World. Simply listen for that event, and turn reporting on when that is triggered...

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#6 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

I don't think the whole pre-game is relevant here. The issue is that manual reports should only apply to those in-game, and not players still connecting.

• TheMattgician likes this

#7 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Though sometimes, players are AFK but they are automatically connected anyway. So they're in the server, but haven't joined a team. So you'd have to take that into account by considering the two last connecting sections as "in-game". Or just check who's in the server, spec included.

#8 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

I don't think the whole pre-game is relevant here. The issue is that manual reports should only apply to those in-game, and not players still connecting.

Update: as you may know, players can be manually reported after one minute after joining. However, there was a bug on that joining date; that should be fixed now. So here is how it should work: auto report for subs kicks in after 90 seconds (as soon as you start connecting the timer stops, so it does not matter how long you are retrieving server info) and as stated above, we allow manual report after 60 seconds for those impatient.

I think it's reasonable to expect players to be in-game in 90 seconds, but still, we think it's fair to leave it up to the players. I have seen examples where players did not have the map installed.

However, I just have changed the report threshold to 90 seconds, so even those with slower PCs will have a fair amount of time to get to the game.

http://rc.tf2center....elog#2014-08-16

• TheMattgician likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined