4 replies to this topic

#1 glitter

glitter

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hello!

Every time I make a lobby on a whim (which is quite often!), there comes a time where I think, "Huh, I should have reserved that one spot for my friend, I hope no one takes i- oh. Okay" and I don't have the heart to kick them.

So, my humble request is for lobbies to be editable after being posted.

Sometimes we forget to make it mumble required/not required; reserve spots; set hour requirements... Or if we unreserve a spot or have requirements disappear, but want them back.

Or maybe we want to change the map if it's taking too long to fill (like borneo...ahaha).

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but it'd be fantastic to be able to modify the lobby after making it.

I can see a few potential problems that could arise with this though.

Thoughts?

• fraac likes this

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Related Thread (which was denied, though this is slightly different)

It would be nice, but not really necessary. Another option is to create a new lobby with different options, but tick a box that says "transfer players". Not a fan of this, but it might be easier to implement.

#3 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

So, in a nutshell:

Retroactively setting requirements for certain slots if they're empty?

#4 glitter

glitter

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

More or less? Or an option to undo the unreserve/remove requirements?

#5 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

The real problem here is that you don't take enough time to do things right. The UI supports everything what you need, but still you manage you do it wrong. Next time, take 10 seconds extra and confirm that you have actually done the right thing.

We're not going to make extra complicated like changing fundamental things like mumble-required, since people who have already joined the Lobby (i have seen badwaters fill in 1 minute), so you cannot change the rules after.

DECLINED

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined