#1 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

It would be nice if a mumble lobby were not counted as a duplicate of a non-mumble lobby.  It's not like I can just join the one in existence instead of making a new one if I want to play the map since if we're going to play without comms I can just go join a pub.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'm pretty sure that's already the case, but it might have changed.

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

I'm pretty sure that's already the case, but it might have changed.

I thought it was the case but last night I couldn't create a Swift lobby and the only NA lobby that had Swiftwater was Non-Mumble.

#4 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Whether a Lobby is mumble-required or not is not part of the "duplicate equation". I don't want to give players another reason to start firing 10 EUHL's at the same time, so it will stay this way.

Note that in the mean time we're working on different concepts of Lobbies: casual, mumble, random, group based (mixes) and ranked. This should all lead to a better experience, so I hope you give us some time ;-)

• TheMattgician likes this

#5 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

It also makes it extremely difficult to create lobbys since I ALWAYS filter out all non-mumble lobbies so I am almost always completely guessing as to which maps I will get a "this lobby already exists" message.  I would rather see a cap of like 5 total lobbies on each which would still be 10 lobbies, but I see 10 NAHL lobbies all the time anyway, the cap could be 3 or 4, or even 2 or be dynamic based on the number of online players at any given time.  I don't understand preventing people from playing lobbies on a map just because some kids want to lobby style pub on that map.

#6 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

It also makes it extremely difficult to create lobbys since I ALWAYS filter out all non-mumble lobbies so I am almost always completely guessing as to which maps I will get a "this lobby already exists" message.  I would rather see a cap of like 5 total lobbies on each which would still be 10 lobbies, but I see 10 NAHL lobbies all the time anyway, the cap could be 3 or 4, or even 2 or be dynamic based on the number of online players at any given time.  I don't understand preventing people from playing lobbies on a map just because some kids want to lobby style pub on that map.

There is a world of all possible maps on one side, there is only one on the other side. The single one will fill up as fast as possible, while the other scenario takes the most possible time to fill. There is a delicate balance somewhere in between.

You like a variety of Lobbies where you are able to choose between Mumble, map and game type, I prefer a scenario where it fills quicker...

#7 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Well if we want a scenario that fills quicker maybe there should be only one of each lobby type at a time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined