3 replies to this topic

#1 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Ive had to many trolls join and start trolling the mumble. Ruining the people who are playing experience Not sure if my suggestion is possible..

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Not really, people can always favorite the Mumble server to join it. If anything, the server might kick players some time after their lobby is over, but I'm not a fan of that.

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

The Join Mumble button does not always work for everyone. 

I for example have started having problems with it recently and have to join the mumble server manually every time.

Before the button stopped working for me altogether it used to only work properly when I didn't already have mumble open, so if I went from one lobby to another and clicked the join mumble without first closing mumble I would get this certificate error thing that forced me to close mumble and rejoin.

While I see the benefit of this since I don't like the trolls either, plus there are the twats that use a different name for mumble than for steam (why do peoplepeople even do that?  I don't know) and the join mumble automatically sets name to class:Steam name, Due to the potential for bugs with the button I do not think this would be a good idea.

#4 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

This is a very delicate thing: we want to have people in mumble free-flow, but we also noticed there are some trolls (mic spammers) out there. Since we don't have received huge amounts of complaints about trolls, we're going to leave this as it is for now.

Should there be a future point in time when we decide this to implement anyway, don't worry about the button: as you have seen with Mumble connection status, we're able to see if you're in the Lobby channel regardless of joining via the button or manually ;-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined