• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nebbii

nebbii

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

When I join a lobby, I like putting the window on my second portrait sized monitor. But when I do this I can't view the chat and the teams at the same time. It would be really neat if the team divs and chatbox would resize when the info doesn't fit the screen properly.

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Unfortunately this is impossible to do without rewriting the whole site from scratch, but obviously nobody is going to bother with this. The site's layout is based on non-flexible grid, which I have chosen for certain reasons. The minimal screen resolution to use TF2C without horizontal scrolling is 1280 pixels wide. If you need less, you can use browser's zoom feature to resize viewport while keeping aspect ratio.

#3 yttrium

yttrium

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

Unfortunately this is impossible to do without rewriting the whole site from scratch, but obviously nobody is going to bother with this. The site's layout is based on non-flexible grid, which I have chosen for certain reasons. The minimal screen resolution to use TF2C without horizontal scrolling is 1280 pixels wide. If you need less, you can use browser's zoom feature to resize viewport while keeping aspect ratio.

Would it be possible to have an optional 1024px wide layout? I (and a couple of other people) use vertical monitors to access TF2Center, and the only time you'll find a monitor oriented vertically with a width greater than 1280px is a 1440p panel.

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

As I said, this is absolutely impossible. Sorry, but you have to use browser's zoom to solve your issue.

#5 yttrium

yttrium

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

As I said, this is absolutely impossible. Sorry, but you have to use browser's zoom to solve your issue.

I know a dynamic size would be impossible but I thought it might be possible to simply hide some elements to get 1024px. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined