3 replies to this topic

#1 LastTalon

LastTalon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

I was just wondering if it would be possible to have a steam link automatically put on the forum profile if the profile is linked with a steam account. I've seen this other places and its pretty useful. It could even optionally be turned off if the user desired through an option.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

I brought this up to the dev team earlier:

The forum is actually setup for this. If someone logs in via Steam, then we store the steam ID in the database, however you cannot access this at the moment through custom fields.

There is a way to get around this though, if you attempt to access a closed area, then hit log in, the dialog suggests to log in via Steam, but the user can still manually register.

I was considering this in terms of helping the mods to find someone, but actually it could be nice for all users.

#3 LastTalon

LastTalon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

I brought this up to the dev team earlier:

The forum is actually setup for this. If someone logs in via Steam, then we store the steam ID in the database, however you cannot access this at the moment through custom fields.

There is a way to get around this though, if you attempt to access a closed area, then hit log in, the dialog suggests to log in via Steam, but the user can still manually register.

I was considering this in terms of helping the mods to find someone, but actually it could be nice for all users.

Yeah, I think it would be a pretty nifty feature, it helps active members of the forums find each other on steam and whatnot. And if displaying it was made optional (to normal users of course, it would probably be good for mods to be able to see it either way) I don't think anyone would really have any complaints about it.

#4 SephirothSG

SephirothSG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Just curious as to the steam integration on jayserps profile, is this something normal users are able to set up? I was unable to find an option for it however with the sign in through steam feature and the storing of all users steamids I would think this would be automatically generated, however it seems no other users have this on their profiles (afaik).

54cb0e939a.png

Edited by SephirothSG, 12 July 2014 - 09:36 AM.

• LastTalon likes this
Posted Image

[08:15] what's a banlist??
[08:15] a list of bans`tablet>