• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

Steam Name: anomalist
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9086759

Hi TF2C admins.

I'm requesting an unban as noted for the following incident, linked here:
https://forums.tf2ce...team-009086759/

I created a non-offclassing lobby and I had requested that the opposing players stop playing sniper, as it was hindering the flow of the game.

I warned PJ and the other players a few times, and informed them that I would kick them if they did not switch off (at this point, I did not know that kicking a player through RCON bans them from the lobby). PJ said that he would switch when he died, and then the round ended.

On the next mid, the same player (PJ) did not change classes and went to mid as sniper, so I used RCON to kick the player. I had no idea this bans the player from the lobby - as my intention was simply to have a more severe warning, so he would simply rejoin the lobby. Instead, it immediately repped him from the lobby.

I hope that my reasoning is clear - please feel free to add me on steam if you have any questions that I can help clarify.

Thanks,
anomalist

#2 Mikers

Mikers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

You've been around for thousands of lobbies man, you should have learned our rules on RCON usage and at least seen this event happen yourself a few times.

Your longevity is why your ban is only a 3 day CL instead of a 1 week CL, I will not reduce or remove it. The usage of RCON, including for kicking players, is not allowed except in the case where that player is:

1. Cheating or using some form of third party application in order to gain an advantage
  2. Actively trolling to the extent that the lobby is completely unplayable

Even if he was offclassing excessively in a non-offclassing lobby, the best method to deal with him would have been to convince his team to start a !rep and then follow through on it. Regardless of if the report went through, you would also want to report him on the forums for excessive offclassing.

Just Read the Rules!

Your #1 friend for the usage of TF2Center is the rules page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected