Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

Steam Name: Senti
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:43911315

https://forums.tf2ce...

I rcon kicked him because it was a pretty competitive game and he was throwing by playing perma demoknight. Repping people doesnt always work for the same reason you cant votekick a cheater on a pub - people either dont care or aren't reading chat.

If you can't play demo one of the most essential classes in 6s, don't join the demo slot. If your friend can't play demo, don't swap with him so he perma demoknights and throws the game for everyone else involved.

Just like getting kicked is fine if you're throwing by playing permapyro (https://forums.tf2ce...tiple-multiple/ - your words not mine) then getting kicked for playing demoknight which is its own subclass that has absolutely nothing to do with actual demo should be fine too.

• JanJellego likes this

#2 Mikers

Mikers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

Hey Senti,

I want to clarify that the usage of RCON kicking is prohibited except where a player is cheating, is bypassing the !rep auto-kick, or is actively causing problems severe enough that waiting for the !rep function is not a possibility. That being said, if the player was running a loadout or playing in such a way that you don't feel is helping the team, using !rep is the only real option. If he never gets repped, then unfortunately you will have to play with the user. He was at least running iron bomber, so at the least he wasn't straight up demoknight-only.

In the situation you point out with a previous ban I worked with, you were reported, not kicked. In offclassing lobbies, players that offclass for a vast majority of the game can be reported with no !rep abuse charges, as the main intention with offclassing enabled lobbies is to allow teams to run tactics such as "sniper in forwards" or anything else that would involve an offclass in a useful manner that is not taking place at the last point. Although you may offclass as much as you like, you still run the risk of being !rep'ed by your team if they don't feel you are being useful.

Your ban will stay, as the usage of the kick was not justified in such a way that it does not breach our terms and guidelines.

-Mikers

• Warpy likes this

Just Read the Rules!

Your #1 friend for the usage of TF2Center is the rules page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected