4 replies to this topic

#1 Nobel_H

Nobel_H

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

I use ozfortress to book a server. I type in the correct IP, port and remote control password. I then set the appropriate password on all slots. People slowly join. Then, after about 15 minutes of waiting, the lobby states that the server is "unreachable".

I have exhausted my friends list as well as asked for help in the lobby chat extensively, yet nobody responds. Then I receive heavy abuse from most members of the lobby, claiming I have autism. It is so extreme to the point where when I ask another person to create one instead, that leader proceeds to call me a "moron", tells me to not create lobbies, when I try to ask for help again on the issue, doesn't tell me how to create working lobbies and then bans me from his lobby.

This is his profile. http://steamcommunit...561197972273857

Now, I have clearly demonstrated through my pleas for help through the lobby chat as well as asking all the friends that I have on how to fix this issue that I always have when I create a lobby, however everybody seems content to do nothing except direct derogatory language towards myself.

I also do not understand why these people are so frustrated and don't seem to realise that creating a lobby involves far more actions than simply waiting and joining the lobby when it comes up. They all seem extremely ungrateful and self centred.

Please, there are a few people out there doing a lot of work to raise awareness about the competitive tf2 community, yet from my experiences so far, most of them are intent on destroying this work and exacerbate the supposedly incorrect image that tf2 competitive players are foul mouthed and always alienating newer players trying to get into the scene.

Now I will restate my question. Does anybody with experience in creating tf2center lobbies with ozfortress servers know how to stop the server to seemingly reset itself after roughly 15 minutes of waiting?

Edited by Nobel_H, 06 July 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

I've never made lobbies with ozfortress server specifically, but my guess is that you should attempt to address it with them if they are resetting that quickly, because the error that you keep getting that closes the lobby means that it can no longer contact the server over rcon, meaning it's no longer active.

#3 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

I'll poke some_thing, our AU representative, at this thread :)

#4 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hi mate,

ozfortress servers are set to expire after 15 minutes of inactivity. So when you create a lobby with an ozfortress server and the lobby doesn't start within 15 minutes, the server will expire. To get around these problems, it is best to join the server prior to creating the lobby, so that you are idle in the server, then create the lobby.

There is also some server specifically for use with TF2Center provided by IPGN that you can use. I can invite you to the group if you like? Add me on steam and we can talk :)

As for the players, unfortunately you will run across people who aren't as willing to help as others are and sorry you have had that experience. AU desperately needs more TF2 players as we have a limited community compared to NA and EU and players like this certainly make it difficult. I will try to speak with the player/s involved but I cannot promise anything other than the advice I have given to you above is correct, and you are free to link this post to people if they question your replies on the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

#5 Nobel_H

Nobel_H

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

I can say that Elmo calls himself div 1. He seems like a typical elitist "div 1" player, and is part of the scum that drives most of the newer players off. He believes I deliberately closed 3 lobbies because I had a choice and did it for the sole purpose of griefing. What an ignorant prick.

I don't understand how Aussies can look up at him and say "Yes, this is a div 1 player, he represents our best" when he behaves like an obnoxious pig.

I would be ashamed if the flagship division had a player like him. I would probably try to hide and ignore him as best as possible.

How do you all live with yourselves, knowing that he is supposedly in the best division in AU and has an attitude like that? I don't understand.