4 replies to this topic

#1 Cool Dad

Cool Dad

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:24 AM

Is he a relativaly hard class to play? I mean, i know alot about class roles and such but playing is a differant story.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Well there's roamer and pocket, which are very different. From what I know, roamer may be more technically difficult, but it's less pivotal to the game. Pocket however is very important to keep the med alive, along with killing everything. It's not as much about getting clutch kills (airshots aside) than acting as a pushing force.

Then again, I don't play 6s, that's just the impression I got.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Don't be afraid and just play the video game, that's the best way to get better.

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Ok so the basic information regarding pocket/roamer soldier is:

- Roamer is basically the kamikaze "OMFG PICK THE MEDIC" class. To be a roamer you have to be good at rocket jumping, good at shooting direct rockets and good at watching flanks/dealing with scouts. Highlander soldiers are almost always roamers in my experience so the same sort of thing for them.

- Pocket is very different. You may jump in with the roamer at mids when you "double bomb" but most of the time you will be keeping close to your medic, protecting him and helping him build uber by damaging yourself with rockets. You're also supposed to recieve the ubers along with the demo and it's always worth checking occasionally for spies even in 6s. Your medic should always keep you in between themself and the enemy using you as a human shield for incoming rockets etc. If your medic dies then you either try and pick the other medic (or force his uber at least) or if you can't do that then just get back to your uncaptured point and try to stay alive and meet your medic when he spawns.

That's the very basic jist of it

• TheMattgician likes this
Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#5 Cool Dad

Cool Dad

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Alright guys, Thanks