#1 siouxsie

siouxsie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Steam Profile

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:46 AM

if someone has played 0 games on the website they might have trouble connecting as some new users do, for subs this is bad for the player themself and the other players in the game.

the sub button at the top might appeal to new users who do not know how the site works as it is simple ("click here to play this class") compared to working out how the site works, these are not users i feel it is not smart to rely on as subs who will successfully join

generally people don't seem to read the lobby chat after the game has started, making it harder for any questions to be answered on how to connect. if a game needs a sub speed is important, i have seen people leave a game before it started causing it to fail due to simply lacking one player. during games being down one player is unfair for the team - being down one player for 3 minutes because a sub couldn't connect could be an entire round wasted on a koth map.

users in game already may have voted a player off for simply being bad (not sure if this is supposed to happen or not) and players new to the site may be new to competetive so there is a chance their first experience may be with some no-so-friendly players.

p.s. sorry about the duplicate report i submitted about the site not rendering properly i only remembered i'd done it when i checked "in progress"

• Kent likes this

t5clmeV.png

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

I think a minimum of 3 lobbies would be reasonable for users to 'see' the subs. They should be able to join as sub if they get the link though.

#3 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

Fair enough; when we release the "landing page", newbies will get more info as how stuff works, this should also help to avoid these problems.

Approved.

#4 Zwockl

Zwockl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

So the other day on Badwater, we needed a medic sub, and got 2 subs in a row that joined as sub, but never actually connected. Both of them never played a lobby on this site before. I dont know who to blame here, but when i get on a site i have never been before, i do not expect that when i click one button i commit to something. The thing is, if you want to join a lobby, you click on the lobby link, have to join you slot, have to ready up, and then ppl expect you to play. When you join as sub, you click one link and are already in the game. I can see how that can confuse players that are new to this site. Maybe Players below 10 (?) lobbys should not be allowed to join as sub, or maybe there would be a warning that tells you that you are expected to play if you kilck the "join as sub" button.

I remember that there was once a topic similar to this one open, but i cant find it in the Archive and players with almost no lobbys join as sub (and never connect) everyday so this topic is still pretty hot.

Edited by TheMattgician, 28 June 2014 - 03:03 PM.
Merged Threads

#5 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

I remember suggesting this in another thread, but it might as well have its own thread.

So obviously, I agree. 5 lobbies I think is a good number. Until then, the player should just not see the subs pop up.

#6 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Added for next deploy. Sub slots hidden if you have less than 20 lobbies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed