Photo
- - - - -
Under Review

Extend profile system with lobby status and class history.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:16 AM

This suggestion has two parts. Apologies if this should be two threads.

1. Show if a friend is currently in a lobby and if they are playing, readied up, or waiting for players.

2. Show basic stats about the player such as favorite class, recently played classes, maybe TPR #'s.

This would greatly benefit the community as whole by allowing people to quickly join their friends in a lobby and also analyze the skill of strangers at a glance.

• BrettPrunc and Bovaidiox like this

#2 ponny owl

ponny owl

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

Seems like a good idea, not sure if it's actually possible to implement, as I'm not a coder, but maybe masternoob or one of the admins could give some insight.

#3 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

Hey,

Those are really good ideas. I have heard that the first one has already been suggested ages ago and I think already made but I'm not sure about it's status now. Regarding statistics, we do have the Advanced Lobbies system that shows stars on a player's well played classes. You can have a look at some profiles if you see a star next to their name. At the moment, you can't see the player's recently played games but it sounds nice, but i don't see the need to look at recent classes/games anyways.

Edited by nrd., 02 April 2016 - 09:36 PM.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#4 Jaros

Jaros

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Location0xDEADBEEF

Steam Profile

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

Well, if you use Google Chrome... I don't want to advertise but this here is a pretty handy plugin.

-> Shows hours on class and division/team if player has comp. experience.

Also adding some custom description to the profile... maybe? (255 char-s limit if you want :^) - shouldn't be hard to implement...)

It would add kind of personal taste with all those badges and links there, but the other side like offensive words etc. are left to question.

chieƒ : omg brony bitch reported

#5 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

Being able to add a custom description to a player's own TF2C profile would be quite nice :)

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Under Review