TF2C Profile: MattBSG
Region: NA

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: * Adblock Plus
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: Lobby creation
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: 19 March ~12:15 EST

I just had a hard time summarizing the issue in the title, I apologize in advance for that. However, I am attempting to create a lobby and I get the following error "Concurrent open Lobbies limit reached! Consider donating to open more.". I last opened a lobby last tuesday or wednesday. It appears to think I am still running more than one lobby, as I am not. This is my second attempt today with the same error (2nd try was for the screenshot below). If this is not a bug, and somehow the lobby is still open (no idea how), then please inform me on how this can be resolved/how to close the open lobby.

1tlUPj1.png

#2 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:40 PM

it means there are too many lobbies open in that region of that gametype Has nothing to do with the amount of lobbies you have open/made.

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

Nod.  We limit the number of open lobbies by gametype by region by number of players.  This is so you don't get into situations where no games start because of many open partially filled lobbies. Donating gives you a little more room to start - this is one of the perks.

I suggest one of the following:

1. If starting lobbies is all you want to do, then donate!

2. Join a lobby that is almost ready to start (almost full.)  After it is over, maybe there is then room for you to start one.

3. Make lobbies when there are a lot of people online

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed