• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 <da> Shadow

<da> Shadow

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

I'm not quite so certain where to place this, however this is an issue that's been bothering me for quite some time.

Tf2 center is basically the only place outside of scrims to enjoy a "ok" state of competitive without going through pugs, which tend to have varying outcomes and only settle for the 6's format, which is fine, however some people enjoy highlander a little more, some people even like 4's and ultiduo.

With the release of the competitive aspect, stress test rather, which is rather cancerous from what I can tell and already has a toxic lining on it, you'd think that Tf2c would be streaming with people and lobbies, however some days the lobbies seem to fill excessively slow even after every ones home, the website constantly breaks and after messaging one of the developers to the website the first time (which mind you, he did fix it the first time) any messages explaining the issue are kindly disregarded, even while he's online or playing a game leaving tf2c a website that's broken half the time in general.

The issues include randomly being kicked from your slot, randomly not being able to ready up even while mashing the ready up button, and when you state these issues the admins/staff/devs give you a list of things that should help and when you state you follow every inch of what they say then there's no response, it's like dealing with robots, lackluster support with a half and half outcome along side a toxic community, and a cap on how many lobbies you can host? Really? Why would I donate, (granted this is my own personal opinion) to a website that's going to be succeeded eventually, a website with a 50/50 outcome, no ranking separating the new players from the ok/decent ones or even the lobby lords, screaming children and a more reasonable idea to donate to serveme to increase the chances of even getting a server?

Now, take this as unreasonable but this isn't the first time I've had to say something about the bugs, posting on the forums literally only gets you a message inquiring about whats going on, then a list of guidelines almost to follow, no add blocker, certain browsers, well I follow it? Why does the website break so often? You're getting donated to aren't you?

In my opinion, a half hearted place isn't worth spending cash on, granted serveme does go down sometimes, if you message arie he's immediately on the issue, the guy will fish through his disc space to find logs, through thousands that are uploaded during the day.

Donating to serveme for a higher chance at servers, a lower cost per month, with one staff member that is more active than the developer that I'd talked to for the website, how's that not better?

Sorry if I manage to upset you guys by pointing out the obvious, but what's even going on here anymore? I remember when I started using the website I could constantly host lobbies, with no limit to the fun, what's going to happen when something new comes along, free big and insane with the option to donate to? Tf2c, is going to die out and so is everyone that even cares about it, it'll just be a relic like all the old websites that where half hearted.

Once again, my sincerest apologies if I offended anyone, but it's getting old bearing with the same robotic people.

And on top of this, as im typing lobby 660045 starts and instantly crashes as everyone gets in, no one even ended the res or closed it, the only thing in the chat was "MATCH ENDED"

Edited by <da> Shadow, 12 March 2016 - 06:43 PM.

#2 podgy713

podgy713

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

What you said here is completely right, and there is no need to apologize so much.

My guess is that the development of this site is similar to that of how Valve updates tf2. They had a good, streamlined product in the beginning, and as they added more and more mods and features, the product got slower, had more bugs, and more memes, all with the developers (seemingly) not hearing our calls to action to fix certain things. I am friends with a few of the admins/mods of this site, and a lot of the time, there isn't much they can do, or if I follow up with something i reported, and the issue one week later has not been touched.

With tf2stadium in the works, I'm shocked that the developers of tf2center don't have a sense of urgency to put out their best product. You see this happen in other businesses. Google Fiber is taking the internet providers by storm and Comcast is freaking out and beefing up their internet packages to compete. You'd think tf2center would do the same, but alas, it doesn't seem that way. I am currently in the alpha for tf2stadium. There are still kinks to work out, like all alphas, but the product is looking really good.

Unless there are some serious changes made by the makers of tf2center, I think we'll all have an easy decision once tf2stadium is released to the public.

#3 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:06 PM

So let's go over a few things.

First, the only valid point you make is that there is currently a know bug that sometimes makes the lobby think you left and you lose your spot. Everything else about the community and the servers we have absolutely 0% control over. 

Second, you are confusing what bug reports are for. Bug reports are information, not tech support. When you submit a bug report it is read and filed and if we require any more information from you we will ask for it. There isnt some magical matrix glitch in the code that you can help with by saying "I got kicked from lobby 544564 please fix" will help with. We understand your frustration, but your only options are be patient, or don't use the website. 

Third, yes Arie runs a wonderful service, yes you should donate, no you can not compare the two website and/or how they work. Serveme has a much smaller userbase to work with, as well as a simpler function. 

Will stadium be a better product? Maybe. But I pray you're not naive enough to think it won't have bugs. 

• Hummus likes this

#4 <da> Shadow

<da> Shadow

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

I am fully aware that it is going to have bugs, what I had stated was the lack of maintenance on the website which, granted it may be existent, it is seemingly not so much, apparently you're a tad bit blind but I've stated more than one bug above, instead of assuming I'm naive try and take a read, seemingly robotic people, half hearted support on any reports, why would it matter if I posted a bug report to people who aren't able to fix it themselves, you guys don't script or code the website you're completely helpless in the matter, and it's out of the control of "add blocker, or a different browser" like you all suggest, and when its stated that the issue is somewhere else the topic is generally closed with no response or what is said is only half read and ignored.

Maybe you're somehow different, but what I said still stands, everything on this website appears to be completely half hearted now, no one cares, the entire community is turning toxic and the player base is beginning to slowly drop. (Seemingly)

Remember sir, this is my own personal feedback, after experience in dealing with the administrative members of the website, I'm fully aware of what is going on, and comparing the simpler service to something like this? I can do that if I please, especially being as arie is considerably more active than the developers who've already fixed the bugs (once) I've mentioned above, he requests less money and maintains what he runs better than the key developers to this entire website, as said, my opinion, thanks for the feedback on it.

Edited by <da> Shadow, 12 March 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#5 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

I don't assume you naive, but you're doing a very good job of proving me otherwise. Saying you can't "see" bug fixes is preposterous. You have no clue what's being worked on and merely stating that "it's not fixed so it's not being worked on" is making a few too many assumptions. 

And yes, you are correct that the moderators of center do not do any of the coding. Assuming that if we suggest common fixes to a problem that the devs do not read your bugs is again, naive. I will state again, you do not get a response in bug reports from the dev because you have nothing to contribute to solving the problem. I'm sorry if you do not feel the same way, but you do not have the access or the resources to be of any use. 

I was hoping my first response would help clear up some of your misconceptions but I can see now you have no desire to have a rational conversation and instead choose to repeat yourself and fall back on petty insults and childish phrases.

EDIT: Also Cookie wants me to add that the lobby limit isnt a limit to how many lobbies you can create, it's a limit on how many lobbies can be open at any given time.

Also we had over 1000 people online at one point this week, which is getting close to our highest ever. So actually the site is growing.

• Hummus likes this

#6 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

I would like to say that you should not come and make assumptions thats nothing is being done. Also, If I offer help in chat for main bugs Im not always sitting at my computer. I am dedicated enough to this site to use my phone in class to help people with issues they are having. That gives me a very limited amount of time to give them my help. If I dont respond its not because im ignoring them. Its because I have a life and have things to do just like everybody else. 
Back to the point of us "not doing anything". Were you aware that we have MOD weekly meetings where we discuss bugs and other issues and try to find a way to fix them? Were you aware that we have only ONE dev who works on these bugs in his spare time?

Please do not jump to conclusions. Our team works very hard and spends most of our free time to help the community. You said it yourself in your first post that Matchmaking is falling apart. They have more staff then us and there service is not perfect either.

• Hummus likes this

#7 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:24 PM

So you made all this effort to show us why you won't donate. Well, that is wonderful buddy. Instead of asking why this service is so shitty and nobody ever fixes anything, have you ever asked anybody what we actually do behind the scenes? As my staff pointed out above, your assumptions are all over the place.

I suppose nothing will make you ever happy, so I'm not going to try.

Good luck to you and let us know what Stadium is like, should it ever come out...

MN

• Hummus likes this

#8 <da> Shadow

<da> Shadow

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:57 PM

After chatting with the admins, I've come to find out that they are indeed working on everything they can, they pulled me into a meeting with all of them and explained exactly why the bugs occur completely diminishing my idea that they are half dead, they explained how short at hand they are and I surely hope that everything does improve for them on their part, they talked as if they'd actually cared about the situation which is not half hearted, and explained how the player base indefinitely exceeds the administrative selection at an absurd amount.

They are indeed trying to fix what they can, with the bugs at hand a lot of them are due to socket updates in terms of web browsers which leave them to work around those which appears to be rather tricky.

The admins had felt that they didn't give me much of a chance and apologized and for that i thank them, not only do I have a better light on the issues but they where reasonable enough to personally discuss the issues with me, and I thank them for their time.

Their absence on occasion isn't  due to their choice, the website isn't necessarily their full time job and I honestly can say it shouldn't be treated as such, they are busy  with their own lives and are working on the website as they have the chance.

Overall I'm glad they noticed my feedback and took time to actually chat with me, I wish them luck in working on the website in the future.

• Mother Tereza, MasterNoob, Waffle and 3 others like this