6 replies to this topic

#1 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Fairly straightforward: It'd be nice to see what lobbies are going on at the moment. Usually, when a lobby is over, there's a large influx of players, so it could be useful information. Also, people tend to make a new lobby when theirs is over.

This is pretty minor, but thoughts anyone?

• LastTalon likes this

#2 Eisen

Eisen

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

I was thinking the other night, that it would be nice, if there was a page section that would show lobbies that are ongoing (as in, being played at that moment). I normally play quite late at night, and i would open my own lobby, and it wouldn't fill for more than half an hour, and then all of a sudden it's full within a minute, because players from some other lobby that has just finished, have joined. Other nights i would open a lobby in hope that the same would happen, but nothing, even though that is the only lobby open. I thought a section like that could be a good indicator during those late EU hours, if it's even worth opening a lobby and hoping that there's one close to finishing. I hope you can see my point.

#3 Kent

Kent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

I've noticed that if you're spectating a lobby that starts, you can keep watching it. But if you try to open the lobby after it has started, you get redirected to the front page.

There was a decision not to include game stats (winlimit, timelimit, scores) because it might dissuade subs from joining, so seeing currently-running lobbies might not be that useful.

#4 Eisen

Eisen

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:53 AM

I don't mean spectating matches. I would prefer just a list of on-going lobbies. That would be enough.

#5 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:09 AM

Good idea. It would also allow new players to spectate people on the class they want to be good at.

edit: misread, thought it would be to provide STV for servers with stv enabled (could be added to lobby config)

Edited by b33p, 19 May 2014 - 02:10 AM.

#6 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Not sure, but I think that what you are asking for is something like this suggestion: 

http://forums.tf2cen...tab/?hl=lobbies

(Maybe)

Edited by The Once and Future King, 19 May 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#7 dabeste92

dabeste92

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

Hey there.

I think it would be really useful if you could see the lobbies that are currently active.

If there are for example 70 people from EU online and you see that one highlander lobby and 2 6s are being played right now, you know that it's very unlikely that you can fill up another highlander, because 42 people are currently playing.

It would also be useful if you could see the score or how long the lobby is running.

I think it would be good on the bottom of the tf2center-site.

Therefore people would know when it's worth hosting a lobby and how long it would take until it probably fills up.

If that's too complicated, you could maybe show how many people are ingame. For example EU 200 (140 ingame) NA 100 (60 ingame) etc.

Edited by TheMattgician, 12 July 2014 - 07:41 AM.
Merged Threads: Original Title: 'Display Active Lobbies'

• Argontrax likes this

Saltmaster since 2013

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scheduled