Photo

Is there a house rule for picking up mediguns?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mixa

Mixa

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

I'm unsure of this because lobbies rely on proper configurations to ensure that people follow certain guidelines, but picking up weapons isn't prevented by any kind of command, neither the TF2Center rules page editorialise this. Most of the time I chooce to not obtain a free uber or kriz, but sometimes it's tempting especially if our team is losing, and from time to time I've noticed enemy medics doing it too.

Anyways, I've picked up a habit to always use the crossbow to either deal damage or heal whenever I'm being attacked, ensuring that I won't drop the medigun if I happen to die. Those bastards won't get a piece of me  ;)

#2 Brightly

Brightly

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:37 PM

"picking up weapons isn't prevented by any kind of command"

Sure it is! Just use tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime 0 .

And I'm pretty sure an admin guy once told me there's no rule against picking up mediguns. Actually, don't quote me on that. That was around when the concept was first introduced and maybe they've since changed their minds.

#3 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:44 PM

We have no rule against it.   

The command only works on servers running sourcemod. We force the command but not all servers run sourcemod.

#4 Showerfairy

Showerfairy

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2536 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

Its bannable in leagues such as etf2l and ugc. With the right configs it shouldn't be possible to pick them up. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ban unban admin

#5 Mixa

Mixa

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

We have no rule against it.   

The command only works on servers running sourcemod. We force the command but not all servers run sourcemod.

Okay so it is there, but it doesn't take any effect because of a missing server plugin. Gotcha.

At least won't get banned then if I happen to pick one up occasionally. I still keep preferring not to however.

#6 obla

obla

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSydney

Steam Profile

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:07 PM

Okay so it is there, but it doesn't take any effect because of a missing server plugin. Gotcha.

At least won't get banned then if I happen to pick one up occasionally. I still keep preferring not to however.

Correct :)

-poke-