TF2C Profile: Reverend Ray
Region: NA

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: * AdBlock
Connection type: * WiFi

Bug type: In-game
Lobby ID: 104.128.55.10:27015
Date & Time: 4 Feb 13:30 CST

For the past week or so now, I've been experiencing this issue while trying to connect to the in-game server after joining a lobby. After the lobby is launched and everyone else starts connecting, I get a notification from steam that says the "server is not responding." I have tried to connect via console and via the tf2c connect button, but I sitll only receive the "server not responding" notification and I eventually get repped and subbed out. This has brought down my reliability significantly, as you can see.

I still connect to other servers fine, only comp ones have this issue, and it hasn't been all of them. I haven't noticed a pattern that determines which lobbies/servers I may be receiving this issue from, but I would not be surprised if one exists.

I realize, of course, that this is most likely an issue on my end or on the end of the servers themselves, which is not something you guys generally handle. I have looked through several threads that seem related to this issue, but I'm not sure any of them provided any real solutions. I guess I'm seeking guidance more than anything else, as I have no clue what to do at this point. Any suggestions/advice for me?

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:46 PM

Not really, since TF2C is not bound to a specific set of servers ;-(

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

Advice may be to isolate the problem.  Once a lobby kicks off, it will give you a connect string.

I sometimes copy that game string ctrl-c and then start tf2 and input the entire connect string into the console.

This is completely bypassing the connect mechanism for tf2c and letting you know where the problem is.  If you can't connect from your tf2 to a 3rd party server, there is either a problem with the server, your network, or your client.

#4 Captain Feels

Captain Feels

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

Have you got peerblock on? I think that was the problem with mine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined