5 replies to this topic

#1 Brightly

Brightly

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

I'm hoping for a moderator to shed some light on what factors are taken into account when reviewing offclass-related ban requests.

Additionally, I noticed that suspects marginally exceeding 40% are often declined. Under what circumstances would someone like that be banned?

Please note this isn't an open discussion on what should get someone banned. I'm just here to figure out the status quo so I can better cater my requests to the site's standards as well as discover my limits.

Though I am curious of what the general public thinks about the current limitations. Maybe I'll make another topic expressing my opinions in the near future. I'm just worried about sounding accusatory or just generally causing a shitstorm by being Brightly.

• Mecha Cop and Rechow like this

#2 Rechow

Rechow

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

Brightly? More like Fight Me, nerd.

I think offclass limits are dumb to a certain extent, especially of you're rolling the other team.

• sage78 likes this

#3 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

Basically if you go over 40% and we can see it was on purpose and you had no plans on changing then you will recieve a warning fifrst then a ban. The ones that barely go over 40% we look at how long the match was to make sure it was not a very short match and the user may have not known the match was going to go that fast. So feel free to report people that go over 40% and we will make a decision from what we see. 

Brightly for your own limits dont go over 40% as you know better and have been warned many times and you are part of the reason the rule was made.

Brightly? More like Fight Me, nerd.

I think offclass limits are dumb to a certain extent, especially of you're rolling the other team.

The rules are not meant for thtat. TF2center is a service providing people the basic 6v6 platform(not having people offclassing) While it can be effective its not something we want  for the whole game. on here. We are currently discussing a system that will make this less of an issue in the future. But as said above he wanted this thread to not be about changing the rules and peoples thoughts on the rule overall.

• Brightly likes this

#4 Rechow

Rechow

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

-snip

Fair enough. Reading isn't my strongest skill, neither is thinking

Edited by Rechow, 16 January 2016 - 07:30 PM.

#5 Brightly

Brightly

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

We are currently discussing a system that will make this less of an issue in the future.

Thanks for the quick response. Can we get a sneak peak at what is being discussed? ;^0

• Rechow likes this

#6 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

We are currently discussing a system that will make this less of an issue in the future.

Thanks for the quick response. Can we get a sneak peak at what is being discussed? ;^0

Nah, it's above your clearance level xD

• Waffle and Highvlass Heavy like this