Photo
- - - - -
Completed

UGC 5CP Config (Win by 5 instead of first to 5)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soarex

Soarex

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

This has been a problem for quite a while and I'm sorry if this was brought up a while a go and dismissed.

When a lobby leader starts a 6s or Highlander match on a 5CP map and selects the UGC config it is automatically set in the server for a win difference of 5 instead of first to 5 as the UGC config should do.

I'd like it if this bug was fixed. This may seem like a small issue but there are instances where players will leave a game once one team reaches 5 wins as they believe the game is over when it's really not.  Most people in NA don't want to play a match the full 30 minutes if the match is 5-2 in say 15 minutes.

#2 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

windifference 5 is how the configs work in official competitive gaming, so that's the config we have gone for. Unless it can be shown to be a significant problem for the majority of players, it's what we're going to stay with sorry!

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

UGC does not work that way.  See http://ugcleague.com/info_tf26.cfm for 6v6 and http://ugcleague.com/info_tf2h.cfm for HL.  UGC plays to five total wins ... if it is a UGC config why wouldn't you set it accordingly, it isn't really a UGC config if it is using a win difference of 5?

On another note, this might explain some unexplained reputation drops or Ragequits I have had in the past when I left after one team got a total of five wins.

#4 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

Apologies - you're right. Seems our UGC configs may not be accurate UGC configs! :(

I don't have time tonight, but I'll look through them tomorrow and update appropriately!

#5 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

I believe it would end up exactly the same as the ozfortress configs, winlimit 5, timelimit 30. 

#6 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Fixed!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed