Matet^

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

Name:  Matet^

SteamID / Profile Link:  MattyXz / STEAM_0:0:40546578

Explanation for unban:

I feel like asking for an unban here, related to  http://forums.tf2cen...requests-matet/

Even though the ban lasts for two days, I want to explain what really happened, in fairness and everything.

Let's start with the very beginning. I've made so far around 50 lobbies with MANDATORY MUMBLE, what does this mean? Well, you have to join mumble. It helps teamplay and brings competitive to a whole new level.

My lobbies are always mumble-required, and it's clearly shown in your website, so if you don't want to talk on mumble, or you don't have a microphone, or for whatever the reasons you have then you can simply NOT join the lobby.

That's ridiculously easy. Now let's get to my ban.

What happened? Demos don't show much, basically I joined with all my team, we were on a 9v9 but our med WAS NOT on mumble, clearly that's a problem when it comes to TEAM PLAY IN A MUMBLE-REQUIRED LOBBY.

There was generic disappointment from my team going on (in both mumble and game chat) and therefore I decided to do a mp_tournament_restart to rep the medic and wait for another one who could join mumble.

I think I did my job there, but what happened?

Literally, a kid named Poopelicious started to spam in the game chat and started insulting me and everyone else. While I was trying to rep the red medic, this guy started to insult and started a report against me, for some odd reason. Perhaps out of rage and frustration. What I did then was kicking him and his friend out of the lobby to keep everything safe and do my job of reporting the medic once again, but then what? Everything went fucked up, people started to cry about a "fail lobby" and left, so I decided to restart the lobby completely.

After that?

http://i.imgur.com/W8ieviJ.png

You can clearly see that I tried to explain the same thing on the TF2Center main chat and after a bit we had got to the point where everything was settled down...yeah, sure. I got a ban.

Still, there was this kid shitposting in both my new lobby and the tf2center main chat, here are some proofs.

http://puu.sh/8qeU3.png

---

Now careful on this picture: http://puu.sh/8qeZ5.png

"randomly" restarted,

yes sure. Because having unfair teams with no med on mumble on a REQUIRED MUMBLE LOBBY is completely fair and therefore action was not needed, right? Of course.

"you get reported by two people because it's a dumb thing to do"

Again, (I'm tired already of repeating the same thing over and over again), is it a dumb thing to restart because our med was not cooperating and not in mumble on a REQUIRED MUMBLE LOBBY? I don't think so.
You might say: "Well, you could have done the !rep command" sure, but then we wouldn't have had medic for like, two payload points and the entire game would have been a disaster. There was the need for a restart nevertheless.

Oh, and by the way. Those "two people" were him and his clan friend who were constantly shitposting and keeping the whole game chat a mess. They repped without even letting me trying to explain.

"you go mad and kick the 2 people"

Haven't gone mad at all, I was politely trying to say on the chat that I would have repped him but no matter what they were (those two guys) still insulting and repping me. Therefore I kicked them.

And this is also being proven by: http://puu.sh/8qfl3.png

"Reason: restarted after 2-2:30 minute because medic wasn't in mumble even tough he was playing perfectly fine. Follow by him kicking people that were complaining about him restarting."

It has passed a lot more than 2-2:30 minutes and the medic was NOT playing perfectly fine, you could tell by the fact that there was generic disappointment on both game and mumble chat.

The last part is true though, I did kick them because they were complaining BUT complaining in which way?

LIKE THIS?
"You should have not restarted, we could have repped"
"That was dumb, let's try again"
"F4 once again"

No, no. It was more along the lines of:
"durr fail matetxDD"

"fail lobby everyone leave :c"

"why restart omg this is stupid"

And many other shenanigans that I don't have the patience to write, this of course at the same time as the !rep against me (the admin) was going on.

There was also a peculiar chat that happened between me and some guy that I don't remember the name, if I recall it was still that Poopelicious guy.

Me: "I restarted because our med isn't on mumble, and it's a problem"

Him: "who cares"

Him (and his friend): "!rep red scout" (me)

Wow. Just wow. If that's the (pass me the word) bullshit that gave me a ban, then we're in serious trouble.

To sum this up. I got banned for an unfair reason, I just did my job perhaps in a too harsh and strict way, I was constantly harassed by this kid and his friend with their constant shitposting, unfair !rep and shenanigans. And because of all this I got a two days ban, even though it's short. I'd like to have it lifted.

I seriously hope for your clemency,

Matthew.

(cannot edit again)

Oh, and by the way, if you need some more proof you can ask MasterNoob whom I have been sharing a few lobbies with.

He has played some of my lobbies, so perhaps he knows I'm not that type of guy...you know.

Edited by jayserp, 28 April 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#2 Computer

Computer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

Your ban will not be lifted, and the ban was not unfair.

1. Having unfair teams is no reason to restart.
  2. Kicking people should not be considered an option.
  3. Banning people should not be considered an option.
  4. If people aren't in mumble for a mumble-required lobby, then rep them.
  5. If the rep doesn't go through, then obviously your team doesn't care that a specific player isn't in mumble.

#3 jayserp

jayserp

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Request rejected.

jayserp | steam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected