Note: You need to have RCON access to the server to be able to do this
So, there is someone in your server who is hacking, and changing his name to be the same as others so that he can't be kicked? There is a relatively easy way to solve this, provided that you have rcon access to the server.
Here's what you need to do:
- Open up the TF2 console and type 'rcon_password [Your RCON Password]'
- Type 'rcon status'. This will show you the status screen as the server views it.
- Look for where the two people with same name are. Note down their steam ids, which begin with STEAM_.
- Wait till the hacker changes his name to someone else's names. Repeat the steps again command again and look for the steam ID that matches one of the ones that you recorded before, as a person with the copied name. This will be the hacker.
- Type this into the console: 'rcon banid [STEAMID];rcon kickid [STEAMID]' where steamid is the steam id of the hacker.
- Report hacker and evidence to TF2Center bans forum including screenshots, steamid's and chat logs.
** I will be updating this post to add pictures eventually
Edited by Some_Thing, 22 February 2014 - 01:38 AM.
Admin edit for Readability