#1 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

f44231b2c4.jpg

I like joining subs to games, to get them back on track, but very often I end up subbing for the team with 70% new players against a team with players who know how to play. We'd never join these teams normally, so why do we have to take the risk when subbing? It's crap because it's making me (prob others) sub less because it's often not worth the risk. Just show us the team before we confirm we'd like to join as sub!

Thanks!

• sage78 likes this

#2 Trilby

Trilby

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

I like taking sub spots, but it's really annoying to join a sub spot and the game have 2 minutes left, I would much rather be joining sub spots for games not yet started. Is it at all possible to add this?

#3 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:07 AM

While annoying as it is joining games with no time left or joining a team that's getting rolled, if either of these were implemented no one would join lobbies that had already started. It's already hard enough to get a sub when needed.

• Brightly likes this

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

So lobbies full of good players would get more chances to get subs faster, as well as lobbies which haven't started yet. But how about the rest? Don't you think that these two small improvements can literally close any way for getting subs for already started lobbies with random players especially?

Some time ago I proposed a different idea to stimulate users to join subs more actively. Certain positive actions like joining sub or playing medic could let users earn some virtual points. If user earns enough of it, he could spend them on certain pleasant bonuses like donators have. Positive motivation works always better than alienation.

P.S.

I do understand that sometimes you're joining sub only to play a couple of minutes with a random people. But look at this from a different angle - this is your personal contribution to community. Maybe joining that hopeless sub is not so entertaining but for people in lobby sometimes this means much and even might save the game. 

• sage78 likes this

#5 Saga

Saga

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

Idea would have negative consequences as already said by others.

Also very bad example, I was thinking about reporting you for your ragequit back there. You came in the lobby as sub, demanded the leader to change the whitelist to etf2l so you can fool around with the awsum freshly allowed unlocks and actually unreadied like 10 times until he changed it.

Then blu demo destroys your stuff in tunnel while the first point is capped kinda fast as usual for swiftwater and you rq without even reporting yourself, you shouldn't be like "Owww normal lobbies are soooo shit, pls bring back ALs now!!!11!" when you behave like that in those normal lobbies. 

#6 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

sub button says if game has started or not

I honestly don't know why this is the title. Did I write this? My mistake if so, it should be "show us the team before we confirm we'd like to join as sub"

if a moderator combined someone else's suggestion and title with mine, it was entirely inappropriate. they are two completely different suggestions. just because you don't like either, putting them in a combined "sub suggestions i don't like" thread is, again, inappropriate and lazy.

So lobbies full of good players would get more chances to get subs faster, as well as lobbies which haven't started yet. But how about the rest? Don't you think that these two small improvements can literally close any way for getting subs for already started lobbies with random players especially?

Think about what you're saying here! In a nutshell you're arguing "we like to dupe players into joining/trap subs into staying for shitty teams which need subs, and your suggestion prevents that from happening". This is precisely why a lot of people don't join as subs because they get duped and trapped (though I don't get trapped, I just leave and say "sorry i wouldn't have joined a lobby with so many new players if I had been able to see the team before I joined" and pray in bed at night it inspires someone else to support this suggestion).

Edited by b33p, 30 October 2015 - 02:06 PM.

• b33p and sage78 like this

#7 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

Think about what you're saying here! In a nutshell you're arguing "we like to dupe players into joining/trap subs into staying for shitty teams which need subs, and your suggestion prevents that from happening". This is precisely why a lot of people don't join as subs because they get duped and trapped (though I don't get trapped, I just leave and say "sorry i wouldn't have joined a lobby with so many new players if I had been able to see the team before I joined" and pray in bed at night it inspires someone else to support this suggestion).

#8 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:32 AM

You can tell if a game has started or not in the lobby chat when it says "Lobby launched" (Hasn't started) and "Lobby started" (Has started). But i suppose you can't tell from the main lobby page. 

Archiving. Please submit another form if this has not been completed.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Under Review