Region: EU

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: Main page
Lobby ID: N/A
Date & Time: 26/09/2015 - 10:52 BST

Hi Team,

This is sort of a bug and a suggestion I would like to make.

A few times when I hit the site we seem to be having outages at different times of the day and at time's when no one is around such as at the time of writing this post.

Could the dev team not write a basic selenium script which could pool the site every 15 mins to carry out a basic interaction journey such as creating and canceling a lobby to ensure the site is available. If the said scripts fails on 2 occasions setup a an automated cron job to restart the appropriate service.

This would help the site actually stop being offline for prolonged periods of time.

The real solution I think would be to span the site across multiple VM's to self preserve the site but unsure on your current infrastructure setup but would imagine this would be much more complicated to achieve.

Thanks
Rob

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. I am however fully aware what's going on, and unfortunately we have to go through some "child diseases" when we launched the new websocket framework yesterday. The reason for that release is obviously to reduce service outages.

So bear with us ;-)

MN

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: In Progress