DudeMartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

Basic Information
  • Steam Name: marty
  • SteamID: STEAM_0:0:36258509  (profile link)
Personal Description

I spend lots of the time on the computer, most of which goes towards playing competitive TF2 and programming Java.

I have a decent amount of experience in both Highlander and 6v6, all of which I played in UGC.

6s:
  • Season 11 - Scout (Steel)
  • Season 12 - Medic (Steel)
  • Season 13 - Roamer (Silver)
  • Currently; Season 14 - Scout (Silver)
Highlander:
  • Season 7 - Spy (Steel)
  • Season 8 - Spy (Silver)
  • Season 9 - Spy (Silver)
  • Season 10 - Medic (Gold)
  • Season 11 - Demoman (Steel)
  • Currently; Season 12 - Demoman (Silver)
One of my goals on TF2 is to main every class for at least one season.

Aside from TF2, I spent lots of time programming using Java. It is the only programming language I know (I have been learning C), but I would consider myself very fluent with it. While I have no experience working on collaborative projects, I do have experience working with various types of applications. I have spent time working with User Interfaces (using Swing), writing server applications (and general networking), a voice chat application which I hope to finish some day, and most recently, I have been reverse engineering a Java game client to create a bot (for automation purposes).

I have a GitHub - you view it here. Most of the projects on it are either a work in progress or something that I started but never got around to finishing it. Perhaps the most notable thing on it is a library that I wrote called sourcery. It is a light library (dependency-free!) that allows for easy communication to Source and GoldSrc servers using the RCON protocol and also allows the querying of those servers. Source-engine servers are fully supported by the library, with the exception of a few special games like "The Ship" which uses slightly different response formats. GoldSrc-engine, however, I have yet to implement. As a result of developing said library, I have become quite familiar with the Source engine (at least from the console!).

I believe that's everything of significance that I'm willing to share.
If you have any questions feel free to get in contact with me, or reply to this post.

#2 jayserp

jayserp

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

Looks great, welcome aboard :)

jayserp | steam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Approved