#21 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:09 PM

TF2 comp relies on all classes to do their role. I don't think having 2 pros will solve the problem as they can't look after everyone at once. I think a balanced mix of both skill levels would allow players to get used to the competitive scene.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#22 Hoxy

Hoxy

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:47 PM

Alright, I'll try to return to this with a fresh input:

I wholeheartedly agree that you need to play good players in order to get any good, and you also need experienced players in order to know how to play well. 
And I agree that setting a global minimum requirement that is too low will make the lobby "just an organized pub"

But, at the same time, isn't setting the requirements too high to troll levels a bannable offense? Maybe if this also applies to "so low it's basically an organized pub" it could work...

And at the same time, I can see this feature be used mostly by intermediate players who wish not to get rolled. Or to set it on classes which have an insane skill ceiling (*cough*sniper*cough*) so less skilled players get a chance to play and practice this class without getting headshot every 10 seconds.

IDK if this were implemented, I'd personally would use it for newbie+intermediate-level-aimed lobbies or to secure people don't get rolled by one player, or on classes with a high skill ceiling to secure healthy class practice for intermediate players.

#23 jimbob_doohicky

jimbob_doohicky

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

I'm well aware that with the unknown of what class a certain person plays in lobbies, whether they have idled their hours or not, what kind of mentoring they received, and also existence of alts, it can get inaccurate, but..I dunno, I just think... Having the option present for lobby leaders to dispute without having to worry about excessive kicking wouldn't hurt.Setting the limit to 10 or less WOULD make it an organized pub as nrd said, but if the min settable limit's like... 100? People with ~50 lobbies already have a rough clue what to do, save for minor mistakes. So if there's the minimum of the cap to be 100 or higher then it shouldn't be that of a problem.It has also happened before that most of the lobby has like ~0-300 lobbies and the lobby leader well stated in chat that he doesn't wish for prem players and high-tier players to join but only could kick so many people, and then someone dropped out and suddenly a 2000lobby prem soldier joins as substitute, and as the lobby leader couldn't kick anymore, the solly destroys a lot of people (this lobby btw)And if all else fails, lobby lead can decide to unlock it, as with minimum-requirement lobbies. I hope you understand what I mean.

the lobby leader could always either rep them or !rcon kick

#24 jimbob_doohicky

jimbob_doohicky

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:13 AM

http://logs.tf/1950286
This is why we NEED newb friendly lobbies or shit like this happens and no one has fun.

#25 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

We just don't have the resources to make this happen at the moment :(

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#26 jimbob_doohicky

jimbob_doohicky

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

aw that sucks.

#27 Williamsub

Williamsub

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationПикалёво

Posted 03 March 2023 - 02:39 AM

Профессиональная удаление катализатора – повышение качества сгорания топлива и улучшение экономии топлива

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Under Review