• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rockstarking

rockstarking

• Users
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

I would be more inclined to sub if I know what the roster is. Chances are, I would be off classing, and would be able to judge whether or not that skill would be sufficient.

#2 Feel the burn

Feel the burn

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

Another thing - It would be good to know which round of a game you're going to sub into.

And it would be nice if you remove the sub request once there are 40 or so seconds left on the clock of the second round on PL.

#3 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

I don't see why not to have the roster available, except depending on the design of stuff, it might make things unnecessarily complicated.

We don't want to say if the game has started or not, how the progression of the game, because it will turn away some people.

I do agree there shouldn't be sub requests if the lobby is nearly over.

• takram likes this

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

I don't see why not to have the roster available, except depending on the design of stuff, it might make things unnecessarily complicated.

This is the main issue. Let's keep things as simple as possible.

I do agree there shouldn't be sub requests if the lobby is nearly over.

This could be useful. I suggest to post this as separate topic.

• takram likes this

#5 Yoda

Yoda

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

I think it would be easier to move player to lobby page after cliking on sub request, where you could join slot as in normal game.

With this you can see roster and be sure that it is not fail lobby with 3 players left.

• Mother Tereza and b33p like this

#6 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

I think it would be easier to move player to lobby page after cliking on sub request, where you could join slot as in normal game.

With this you can see roster and be sure that it is not fail lobby with 3 players left.

Interesting. This have a sense.

#7 DudeMartin

DudeMartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

Simple suggestion. Right now, when a pop-up requesting a sub shows up, you have to substitute in order to see who you are going to play with. But it would if you could see the people in the lobby before you choose substitute. You could make it so that clicking on the "Join sub" will cause you to instantly substitute, but clicking anywhere else on the pop-up will cause you to open up the lobby page, showing the people playing and the connection status of each one (just as if you were one of the original lobby players). The reason why I suggest this is because people may have players that they don't like playing with, so implementing this feature could let them check before choosing to substitute.

#8 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Yes, this is good. You get to see the team before you join.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Approved