#1 withadancenumber

withadancenumber

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:24 AM

I know AL are in beta, and it's only been a couple of days, however from the few AL's i've played, along with (albeit anecdotal) feedback from friends it seems that the requirements for playing AL's is too low.

Most of the Advanced lobbies I've played so far have had people playing who clearly have no clue how to play the game, or are relatively inexperienced.

I suggest increasing the difficulty of entry by at least 10%, as they are right now i'm not 100% they are worth paying for, at least not more so than in a donation form like i've done with the normal site. I think having a higher barrier to entry will help with balancing issues as well, as a closer talent pool will grant closer games.

As it is right now it seems incredibly easy for anyone to join AL's and it seems like there are players out there who although not skilled enough to play, will try to play them anyways such as to be part of the 'cool kids' playing the new system.

• Osman likes this
Contact me via PM or twitter @DanceNumbah.
If I was helpful to you please click the "Like" button on my post!

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

For near future, we're going to keep it as is. AL have only been out for a week. We are keeping this in mind with a couple of possible solutions, some more drastic than others. Do keep the input flowing!

• withadancenumber likes this

#3 JoshuaOl

JoshuaOl

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:43 AM

Business lounge post requirements Post needed to enter the business lounge is now set to 500. Prior members that meet the 250 post requirement are grandfathered in, so not to worry you still have the access if you now have a post count between 250 - 500.

#4 bluespacecrab

bluespacecrab

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:10 PM

So far advanced lobbies are only different from regular lobbies in that almost everybody is in mumble and tries.  Which is good, but didn't seem to be the entire goal.  The average skill doesn't seem any higher.  I'm pretty surprised that 1 star players are allowed when I'm 3-4 on everything and am pretty bad at this game

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Under Review