6 replies to this topic

#1 suchsmallhands

suchsmallhands

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:51 PM

As of right now the rules are horrendously ambiguous. This is a problem in many ways; obviously it makes it hard to know what is and is not against the rules. On the topic of being a lobby leader, all the rules say is,

"Leading a lobby by providing a server is a privilege that we appreciate, but this does not give you the right to abuse the powers that come with this. Please be mindful that players invest time when waiting to participate in a game, and do not take it kindly when this time is wasted."

However, this still leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Can I kick a player who is on the wrong class and won't switch? Can I end a lobby early if I need the server for a scrim? What about if we need three subs and the main site is down? Another situation would be mumble usage. Can a player who is micspamming be kicked or reported, or is that abuse of the !rep system?

The other issue with the ambiguity and lack of rules currently is that it gives mods a lot of power, leading to situations like this one,

"there was an incident where a certain admin chat banned a few people at once due to chat flaming. one of the people who was supposed to be banned didn't end up being punished by the admin who made the thread despite his name being on the supposed to be banned list along with the others banned, because the admin was friends with him." (from TFTV)

While this could be an isolated incident, it would be better for all parties if rules were updated. Admins could simply list the rule broken and the punishment for that rule, instead of seeing differences in ban times for similar offenses, or inconsistent enforcement of the rules.

• mariPr and Williamsext like this

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:59 PM

Declined. I'm too tired to search an original discussion for you. Do it yourself. And stop copypasting bullshit in every thread.

#3 suchsmallhands

suchsmallhands

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:24 AM

b7a06865bc.png

The 'copy pasted bullshit' is a direct quote from hng, an ex plat spy, posting on TFTV. Unless you were talking about the part from your own rules.

I don't see why this has been declined without any discussion whatsoever?

• Tury likes this

#4 vLadimir the deStroyer

vLadimir the deStroyer

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:21 AM

americans...

#5 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:07 AM

Can I end a lobby early if I need the server for a scrim? 

No. http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0086038094/

Lobbies > Scrims

#6 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

b7a06865bc.png

I don't see why this has been declined without any discussion whatsoever?

I meant, you should been search on a forums, not in your wardrobe:

2015-06-23_1606.png

Previous discussion --> http://forums.tf2cen...-the-rules-list

#7 suchsmallhands

suchsmallhands

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

So why not keep a discretion clause about things that are intentionally disruptive while also defining the rules and punishments more explicitly, similar to the way UGC and ETF2L have set up their rules. In theory, this would make life much easier for moderators as most cases of abuse are similar incidents, but outlier cases such as the one linked in the post above could still be dealt with effectively.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined