8 replies to this topic

#1 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

You can pass parameters via URL. Example - I'm in lobby, someone spam in chat. I click his profile it goes ?lobby=435588. I get a button in his profile which says something like

• spam
  • harassment
  • report abuse
  • other

I click it, then it goes all the way to the forum thread to post rep transferring lobby number and other stuff via URL. ezz...  :D

• Williamsext likes this

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

http://forums.tf2cen...-report-button/

Are you ready for full-time work as TF2C moderator to handle the potentially enormous number of all those incoming reports, since this feature will be abused a lot?

#3 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:23 AM

I can see how this would be very useful for players to easily report others for breaking the rules, but as MT said, it would most likely be abused. Becoming a "click z button and forget" idea.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#4 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

I don't suggest a buzzer button. I suggest one that takes you to reporting forum and fills some fields from environment. Sort of "location awareness" (Yay! buzzwords)...

#5 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

Ah, that makes sense. So basically just a link to the forum page where you fill out everything. Though one might say this isn't needed as there is a header on every page that has a link to the forums.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#6 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:16 AM

Dude, a link that would fill out some stuff via URL parameter passing (like lobby number, subject, reason etc). Just fyi first time around I had to reach out to admin and ask him how to actually report people properly here.

#7 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

Getting the link on the profile is an easy fix. The auto-population might not be implemented in the same swoop, but it's on the list.

• Kengur likes this

#8 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

Are you ready for full-time work as TF2C moderator to handle the potentially enormous number of all those incoming reports, since this feature will be abused a lot?

The solution to that is simple. Just have a penalty for false reports, as in people are just obviously abusing it should be banned. If it's a legitiment ban request but still gets denied, there should be no punishment

#9 Warpy

Warpy

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90965 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

The solution to that is simple. Just have a penalty for false reports, as in people are just obviously abusing it should be banned. If it's a legitiment ban request but still gets denied, there should be no punishment

Have a giant disclaimer stating FALSE REPORTS WILL RESULT IN BAN or something to that effect

would be a great way to trim some of the toxic players if it did get abused

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Approved