• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Satire

Satire

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

We need a tab in the side for lobbys that are currently in process, as you can sometimes close the lobby page by accident and you cant rejoin the lobby without going though your history and finding it (this happens when your firefox crashes) and you cant rejoin

This type of tab should only show the lobbys that are in process for you currently and maybe a history of completed lobbys if needed

http://imgur.com/qu5zNhs

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Status changed to "In progress"

#3 Satire

Satire

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

:D yeah my tf2 crashes alot

and sometimes im stupid and close the lobby page because I have too many open and close the wrong ones

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

Just keep in mind that this feature won't let you to get access to already launched lobbies. This is going to be just a lists of "Lobbies in progress" with some additional info.

Your problem with closed tabs can be easily solved. Every broser has a feature "Open recently closed tab". Just right click onto browser tabs area.

#5 Satire

Satire

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

but it will still show the lobby that you have going on right now thou so it can still be useful for finding the lobby page you accidentally left right? or no :(

#6 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Just keep in mind that this feature won't let you to get access to already launched lobbies. This is going to be just a lists of "Lobbies in progress" with some additional info.

Your problem with closed tabs can be easily solved. Every broser has a feature "Open recently closed tab". Just right click onto browser tabs area.

It is true however that when you close a tab it dosen't automatically boot you from the lobby, it keeps you there for however long the report time is. So maybe the lobbies in progress tab could keep a track of who is in what lobbies so they could rejoin it? I dunno just an idea.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#7 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

2014-04-03_0226.png

It is true however that when you close a tab it dosen't automatically boot you from the lobby, it keeps you there for however long the report time is.

Absolutely true. You can rejoin lobby until kicked from it, even after closing lobby tab.

So maybe the lobbies in progress tab could keep a track of who is in what lobbies so they could rejoin it?

Only because someone doesn't know how to use its browser? The best solution on a parity of costs/effectiveness will be mastering the browser.

#8 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

Only because someone doesn't know how to use its browser? The best solution on a parity of costs/effectiveness will be mastering the browser.

It's about making the service as user friendly as possible. I mean I know how to use my browser pretty darn well but sometimes I accidently close a browser tab, stuff happens when you don't concentrate, I know that my browser supports the retrieval of recently closed tabs but I don't know if others do.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#9 Satire

Satire

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

2014-04-03_0226.png

It is true however that when you close a tab it dosen't automatically boot you from the lobby, it keeps you there for however long the report time is.

Absolutely true. You can rejoin lobby until kicked from it, even after closing lobby tab.

So maybe the lobbies in progress tab could keep a track of who is in what lobbies so they could rejoin it?

Pls I didnt say i couldnt use the browser I said it would be more convienent

http://imgur.com/Zf3aepr

pardon my ms paint skills lel

the rejoin link would just link you to the lobby that page you closed

also it wouldnt work if you were kicked for having 2 DPM as heavy

(also I used comic sans :3)

but you know what im fine with this function not getting in, what you have is already fineeeeee pretty good :3

Edited by Satire, 03 April 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#10 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Just had a thought, and I recall seeing a suggestion regarding allowing people to watch lobbies via STV.

Maybe that could be incorporated into a "current lobbies" tab, as a link to click to watch that lobbies STV if it has one.

Obviously not all lobbies would have STV, since even if activating it were put into the rcon configs that Center sends to the servers not everyone will have an extra slot on their server.  I personally already have STV activated on my server and I see it in a lot of lobbies I play in that are not mine so a lot of lobby creators do seem to already have this feature active on their servers, at that point it would be a matter of checking if the server has STV active (don't know if that is possible or how easy it is) and if it is active providing the address and if not putting a message that says No STV available for this lobby.

• Mother Tereza, Computer, MatVone and 1 other like this

#11 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Nice addition, King

#12 Computer

Computer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

What we could do is turn on STV, but turn recording off if the server owner doesn't want a lobby demo. The commands would have to be launched before the map was changed though.

exec <competitive_config>
tv_autorecord 0; tv_password <lobby_password>
changelevel <map>; sm plugins unload matchrecorder.smx

For those that don't know about this sourcemod plugin, it's used in servers to record only the match. Normally, STV will record everything that happens on the map until a map change.

#13 Bright

Bright

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:18 AM

Hi

I would love to be able to see what games are being played and being able to watch a game would be awesome.

This would give you something to do while waiting for your mumble required highlander to begin or if you're waiting for a friend you could watch him as (s)he plays.

In CS:GO you can watch your friends competitive matches and watch the big leagues that are happening.

I imagine there could be another page that are called active lobbies and would look similar to the normal lobbies layout but the connect links join the stv.

Ideally it would also show the current scores.

Since there can be some high level players or celebs playing it could be interesting for those who aren't interested in playing but enjoy watching competitive tf2. This also applies to newer players who would like to see the strats and meta and can learn from live games.

The chat would also serve as a comment area for the game that was played.

My last suggestion is to be able to go and view the archive of old lobbies and be able to download and watch the lobby and comment on them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Bright

(I am also interested in coding and would love to volunteer to help see some of these changes happen)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scheduled