• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 CoolPotato

CoolPotato

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

When the leader of the lobby leaves, the "Locked" classes stay there for ever. This causes;

1. Lobby not to start.

2. Waiting players that just waits for... nothing.

Suggestion:

* I think, when the leader leaves the lobby "Locked" classes should be unlocked automatically.

• MaxCobar likes this

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Edited title to make the suggestion a little clearer.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 Satire

Satire

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

once had a lobby never start because lobby leader was afk and his slot was reserved forever

but implementing this would be hard because the lobby leader doesnt automatically join the lobby slot he created so when would the computer know when to unlock the spot?

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

I should probably point out that admins normally close lobbies where the lobby leader has left.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#5 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Not too bad an idea, it would be another thing admins wouldn't have to worry about. Maybe have it so that if the leader isn't there for 10-15 minutes, the lobby closes.

#6 Satire

Satire

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

but my friends love putting up lobbys and leaving :( (with no locked slots ofc)

#7 DeatH_D

DeatH_D

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Title [aka If the leader leaves the lobby, can all reserved slots be auto removed?] says it all, sometimes a leader will reserve a slot, and not turn up for the lobby, not choose that class, or simply leave and leave the slot locked. So the lobby never starts. Could it be the reserved slot gets auto removed after a certain period of time?

Thanks, DeatH_D

Edited by TheMattgician, 30 May 2014 - 07:39 AM.
Merged threads

#8 mizx

mizx

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

Right now, if a lobby host goes AFK and one of his players for reserved slots leaves and all slots fill but that reserved slot which is now vacant, the lobby does not start and no one is there to fix it, leaving up to 16 people to waste their time in a dead lobby until the host gets back.

My solution is to automatically open up all reserved slots if they have been vacant for 2-5 minutes and the lobby is completely full otherwise.

I feel that if you can't get your friends into the lobby between the time it took for the server to be initialized and the lobby to fill, then they have some network/browser/computer/whatever issues to fix before they can launch tf2 and play a full game.

Notes: Maybe disregard this action if there are > 9 reserved slots? IE a "private" lobby where it's completely reserved for example.

EDIT: This was supposed to be in the Suggestions forum. I'm sorry, stupid mobile phone!

Edited by TheMattgician, 31 July 2014 - 07:41 AM.
Moved and Merged Threads

• Roxanne likes this

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

+1

I like the idea of having a timer on reserved spots.

#10 Computer

Computer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

I think that reserved slots should only be automatically opened if every open slot has been filled.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#11 FromZero2Hero

FromZero2Hero

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

I think that reserved slots should only be automatically opened if every open slot has been filled.

Imo not. If you're waiting for a friend it will be pretty annoying if he can't join the slot. 
And this way people that took the automatically unreserved slot will just be banned from the lobby untill the friend took the slot.

• siouxsie likes this

#12 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Imo not. If you're waiting for a friend it will be pretty annoying if he can't join the slot. 
And this way people that took the automatically unreserved slot will just be banned from the lobby untill the friend took the slot.

If you're friend wanted to play the lobby they should join right away.  There is always plenty of tie between lobby creation and the lobby filling for someone to look up the lobby (or just be linked it directly by you) and join their slot before all the unreserved spots fill.

I think this is better than a timer on reserved slots.

Edited by The Once and Future King, 05 August 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#13 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

The devs have settled with a 10 minutes timer. If people think that's too long, then they'll consider reducing.

There will be a warning chat message 2 minutes before the slots open up.

• Mother Tereza likes this

#14 Ten'son'

Ten'son'

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

How about an "idle" button on these reserved slots.

So that if the lobby leader is really afk and won't join in time, the reserved slots will automatically become free. But if he's really there, just waiting for someone he can hit the "restart timer" button.

So probably reducing the timer to something like 4~5 minutes so the leader has to think about it and hurry his friend so that he doesn't need to hit that again.

Edited by Ten'son', 20 December 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#15 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

Though if your friend isn't here within 10 minutes then how long will it take for him to get to the lobby?

• The Once and Future King and Captain Pegleg like this

#16 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

Though if your friend isn't here within 10 minutes then how long will it take for him to get to the lobby?

I agree with this, the only issue would be the people who take the reserved slots and then the site removes them (this happens to me frequently) while they are browsing other lobbies.  If that happens and someone else takes the spot then the leader is forced to kick/ban people so the original person it was reserved for can take it and that's only assuming the lobby doesn't fill before he/she realizes that it happened.

#17 PS9K

PS9K

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

There also bug in lobby logic:

lobby leader shouldn't kick players from their slots by "opening" slots.

There no reason to kick players from slots if leader only want to unlock slot.

• Captain Pegleg likes this

#18 Captain Pegleg

Captain Pegleg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

There also bug in lobby logic:

lobby leader shouldn't kick players from their slots by "opening" slots.

There no reason to kick players from slots if leader only want to unlock slot.

This has also happened for me with restrictions; I clicked the remove all restrictions button and everyone who was in got kicked

#19 Holiday

Holiday

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

I just had yet another lobby where, at ready-up, everybody was ready except the leader, and he was removed for being AFK. That would have been fine, because he was playing a popular class and could be quickly replaced... except that he'd reserved his slot. Things dragged on waiting for him for about half an hour, and more and more players left until the lobby was virtually empty again.

My suggestion would be that, a certain amount of time after ready-up, if a player was kicked from a reserved slot for being AFK, the reservation on that slot should be removed so the lobby can start.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#20 Giraffe

Giraffe

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

A lot of centers are unable to start because the leader is afk and there are reserved slots. An easy fix would be to limit a reservation to 5 or 10 minutes, and after the time is up, anyone can join.

Edited by TheMattgician, 08 February 2015 - 02:28 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Time Limit for Reserved Slots"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Approved