13 replies to this topic

#1 Deft

Deft

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

Just wanted to know what the community thinks about player profiles have a small section with the 9 class symbols and then corresponding with them, how many lobbies they've played as that class.

Ex) Player 1 has 10 lobbies played. On the users profile it should show all the 9 class logos and next to it the ammount of lobbies he or she has on that class.

Player 1 happens to have 2 on scout, 3 on solly, 2 on spy, and 3 on engineer.

Now, a 6s one would be a nice thing to have as well, but then you would have to accomidate for off-classing so the 6s chart would look exactly the same as the Highlander one due to 6s not having any class bans. So an overall counter would probably be the most convenient.

(soz if already a thread about this) 

let the arguments begin!

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

This could be a nice addition to player profile, although we already have an integration with tf2playerrankings.com. Anyway, this is a very low-priority feature.

#3 Deft

Deft

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

This could be a nice addition to player profile, although we already have an integration with tf2playerrankings.com. Anyway, this is a very low-priority feature.

I'm not sure how many people use tf2playerrankings, but I'm sure it would be easier if they just wanted to check on center. 

#4 Harry Kaine

Harry Kaine

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

yea u could see how many times someone played spy or medic . would be nice. if its easy to implement do it pls !

Edited by Harry Kaine, 17 May 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#5 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

You may do not use tf2playerrankings, but tf2playerrankings uses you :) It recieves a data from each TF2C lobby. Of course, it would be easier for players to get an instant access to everything from a single site, but:

1. We don't have so much human resources required to accomplish this;
  2. We already have logs.tf, serveme.tf and now tf2playerrankings.com.

#6 Cerdur

Cerdur

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

Right now TF2Center profiles do have a link to their TF2PR profile which is nice. Wouldn't it be cool to have your ranking in your selected class appear alongside your other stats while waiting in a lobby? For example:

(Percentage): 100 (Lobbies): 100 (Hours): 100 (Rank): #1

Just a thought

Edited by Mother Tereza, 20 May 2015 - 03:13 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Integration with TF2PlayerRankings?"

#7 Deft

Deft

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:30 AM

You may do not use tf2playerrankings, but tf2playerrankings uses you :) It recieves a data from each TF2C lobby. Of course, it would be easier for players to get an instant access to everything from a single site, but:

1. We don't have so much human resources required to accomplish this;
  2. We already have logs.tf, serveme.tf and now tf2playerrankings.com.

Wait, so logs and serveme have how many lobbies i have per class?

#8 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

Wait, so logs and serveme have how many lobbies i have per class?

No, they haven't. I meant you can collect the related info (such as: stats per class, lobbies history) on these sites.

#9 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

The danger with this suggestion is that people might see that you're offclassing and kick you as a result. Which we're no fans of. Whether or not this would happen is questionable, I think people would be too lazy to do the research. However, we shouldn't have that info on the lobby page.

#10 FromZero2Hero

FromZero2Hero

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

A pie chart with a percentage of each class played would be nice. Doesn't really have to be more than that imo. 

Edited by FromZero2Hero, 23 May 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#11 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

A pie chart with a percentage of each class played would be nice. Doesn't really have to be more than that imo. 

I'm also missing tf2lobby-esque stats dashboard... :(

#12 Deft

Deft

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

The danger with this suggestion is that people might see that you're offclassing and kick you as a result. Which we're no fans of. Whether or not this would happen is questionable, I think people would be too lazy to do the research. However, we shouldn't have that info on the lobby page.

If it just showed the classes overall and not for each gamemode then how would they be able to tell if you offclass or not?

#13 obla

obla

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSydney

Steam Profile

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

This is what logs.tf is making! I think it has some pretty neat features.

dChqody.png

• Mother Tereza likes this

-poke-

#14 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

But if they're going to offclass in a game that the team doesn't want that anyway isn't it better for them to be kicked before the lobby starts rather than being !repped after it begins?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community Input