#1 phlps >: )

phlps >: )

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Phlps >: )

STEAM_0:0:44214235

I was banned for offclassing in a 6's game for "Consistent offclassing." which was reported as griefing.

First off, if offclassing in 6's is a bannable offense, then I think tf2center needs to say goodbye to 90% of its community.  Yes, I did offclass in 6's for an extended period of time, but no, this is nothing new.  There have been times that people show up to a 6's center and run pyro out the gate for the entire game, and no action has been taken against them.  I'd also like to note that I began to offclass which he saw as "griefing" after I ran sniper pushing into last.  Anyone who knows anything about 6's knows that sniper is often run pushing last to get a medic or entry pick.  At this point he called me out for constant offclassing, which was not only inaccurate, but he was rather rude and obnoxious about it.  Now, I'm not particularly fond of people telling me how to play my game, especially when I'm playing it in a fashion used at even the highest levels of tf2 (running sniper into last).  Since I took some offense from his way of telling me I was constantly offclassing, and he seemed rather unreasonable when I tried to explain it was sniper to last, I gave up and began running more offclasses like "pyro to mid."  And although I don't have perfect recollection of this game, I'm fairly sure I did decently and didn't hurt my team despite the offclassing.  It's unfair that of the hundreds of people offclassing in 6's I'm one chosen to be banned, it's something that's gonna happen, and you should make up your mind to ban everyone, or to let it go when it happens in minor fashions.  And as for the "Refused to accept request for a chat/warning" I either didn't get your chat request, or it was ignored since I don't accept random adds from people I prefer not to risk getting phished and whatnot.

And to add one last bit, I have near 300 lobbies played, it should be clear that I'm not some troll that just logs on every once and a while with the intent to ruin someone's 6's experience, almost every one of my lobbies has been played perfectly seriously.

• Kelpady likes this

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

The chat logs showed that you were offclassing in bad faith. The sniping was fine, and if he had posted a ban request for what you were doing before the 20 minute or so mark we would have denied the ban request. The refusal to play scout at all and running a pyro to mid was what caused your ban, along with chat that suggested you were doing it specifically to piss off others.

phlps  >: ) :  lel guysd
phlps  >: ) :  constant offlcass
phlps  >: ) :  xd

You didn't really have to come in here guns blazing at all... your ban length is up. Just don't do stuff like this again and it will be fine. Next time, we won't consider trying to talk to you first. 

#3 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

On another note, if you checked your initial ban request thread, you would of also seen the reason for your ban (quoted below)

Refused to accept request for a chat/warning

Banned for 1 week.

I added you for a discussion but you decline my friends invite. The ban was for a 1 week period to get your attention. You have now been unbanned.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unbanned