Photo
* * * * * 2 votes
Community Input

Here's a request - Shut down your website.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Hippo

Hippo

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

You will do the entire competitive scene a favor.

Thank you very much.

• Legit_Lurkki likes this

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:16 PM

Interesting idea. I'd like to know what others think about this.

• Crayboff and Neds9kelly like this

#3 Adidushi

Adidushi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

No explaintaion whatsoever.. I don't think this suggestion should pass.

#4 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

6:30 PM - kKaltUu: hey, waarom moeten we center uitzetten?
Why should we shut center down?

6:48 PM - Mystic★Hippo | hippo.tf: lol
6:49 PM - Mystic★Hippo | hippo.tf: Er valt niks te leren daar en het wordt er alleen maar overspoeld met klootzakken
There is nothing to learn from there and it's flooded with assholes

6:53 PM - kKaltUu: en daarom moet de site uit?
And that's why we should shut it down?

6:55 PM - Mystic★Hippo | hippo.tf is now Online.
6:55 PM - Mystic★Hippo | hippo.tf: Dat, of de site heeft gewoon een flinke verbetering nodig.
That, or the site needs a big upgrade

6:58 PM - kKaltUu: verbetering als in? "klootzakken" is een breed begrip maar als ik zo op de bansubforum kijk is iedereen die een grote bek opzet getrakteerd op een ban
Upgrade as in? "assholes" covers a lot of terms, but if I look at the ban section, everyone with a big mouth has received a proper ban

6:59 PM - kKaltUu: en we gaan de ranked matchmaking langzaam openen voor prem - div 1, dus dat moet al een significant verschil brengen
And we'll introduce the ranked matchmaking slowly for prem-div 1, so that should bring a significant difference with it

6:59 PM - kKaltUu: maar hoezo moet de site dan sluiten? wat voor bugs heb je als je de lobbies joined?
But why should the site shut down? What kind of bugs do you encounter when you join lobbies?

7:00 PM - Mystic★Hippo | hippo.tf is now Offline.
Hippo removed me from steam friends

So, we should shut down because there are assholes on the site.
And because he can't learn anything from lobbies, despite, (sorry for mentioning this), him being an open player in HL and 6s.

if you encounter anyone on the site that is unpleasant please report them to the staff so we can take appropriate action.

#5 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

No explanation whatsoever

11/10

#6 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

Someone was mean to me during a lobby once, please shut down your site because I am too much of a baby to ignore stupid people and I am not smart enough to just not use the site so you need to shut it down so that I cannot use it.

• Tury, Obli, PlzPuddngPlz and 1 other like this

#7 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:02 PM

I'm just soaking this in..  In awe.

#8 Crayboff

Crayboff

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

I dunno guys, he makes a pretty convincing argument in the OP.

• Tury, TheCapeKid and PlzPuddngPlz like this

#9 jmomo

jmomo

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:03 AM

OP has no merit, as he does not articulate his argument. It's good to give dissent an appropriate forum to be discussed though, and I support OP's ability to have made this post in the first place.

However...

if you encounter anyone on the site that is unpleasant please report them to the staff so we can take appropriate action.

Going to call your out on your own BS:

http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0126362471/

You have KKK-card carrying white supremacists running around on your site yelling "nigger" and "beaner" at people in mumble and then your own admins approve said behavior as appropriate.

Player toxicity is the #1 issue on TF2 center for me, and I think it's a top issue for the community at large.

Saying that if people report toxic behavior "appropriate action" will be taken is not credible given how often serial-abusers get away with their behavior on TFC, even after being reported.

Edited by jmomo, 22 April 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#10 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

You have KKK-card carrying white supremacists running around on your site yelling "nigger" and "beaner" at people in mumble and then your own admins approve said behavior as appropriate.

Player toxicity is the #1 issue on TF2 center for me, and I think it's a top issue for the community at large.

Saying that if people report toxic behavior "appropriate action" will be taken is not credible given how often serial-abusers get away with their behavior on TFC, even after being reported.

While I agree with you about player toxicity, the problem is not with guys like that but with people not willing to try playing a serious game because "it's just a lobby", and with people who cry about every little thing, I mean you are seriously trying to report someone because of items that they own?  Seems a little immature, here's an idea: don't look in his backpack and you won't have to see what his items are named.

Edited by The Once and Future King, 22 April 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#11 jmomo

jmomo

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

While I agree with you about player toxicity, the problem is not with guys like that but with people not willing to try playing a serious game because "it's just a lobby", and with people who cry about every little thing, I mean you are seriously trying to report someone because of items that they own?  Seems a little immature, here's an idea: don't look in his backpack and you won't have to see what his items are named.

I think you got confused.

My complaint originated when he verbally attacked another team member in a TF2C lobby, hatefully calling them a "nigger" and another a "beaner" in pre-game.

There is a recording of him calling another player "nigger" in the same lobby.

Everything else is just background evidence of prior behavior.

I've only been playing on TF2C for about two months now, so I didn't know the guy. Someone else in the lobby told me about how notorious he is for that kind of behavior.

Anyway, this is going off-topic. I'll go bring up another post about it later.

#12 Osman

Osman

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

Op want TF2Center to close because there's assholes on it ?

Solution : Op get the fuck out of TF2Center, one asshole down, TF2Center still alive.

:ph34r:

• The Once and Future King likes this

#13 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

I totally agree on shutting this whole thing down, it just takes away so much time!!!

#14 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

Shut down all the things.

#15 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:30 PM

I can't tell if this is trolling or not...

#16 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:22 AM

He's not :s

• Tury likes this

#17 august

august

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:30 AM

It's impossible to decide until Valve pushes their first release of competitive. We wait and see the structure, offered game types, and overall comparison to TF2c. If it blows TF2c out of the water, and appeals to high and low level comp players, then yeah we'll transition, because the players will, too.

Valve knows their shit (see: CS:GO), and have been upping their communication with the community for the release in the recent weeks. We can't peer into the minds of Valve, but we do know that they've matched a lot of the community's desires for the comp release.

Let's wait and see. And quick shoutout to the moderators and MasterNoob: it seems odd to talk about the feasibility of shutting down the site on the actual site. I've confidence that non-Valve matchmaking will continue (as it has for 8 years), and Valve comp will be just another way to play.

Edited by august, 02 May 2015 - 01:31 AM.

#18 siouxsie

siouxsie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Steam Profile

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:22 PM

Valve knows their shit (see: CS:GO)

If Valve manages to make TF2 MM as good as their implementation of MM in CS:GO I have high hopes for TF2Center - their servers aren't good, the ranking system promotes cheating which makes the game regularly unenjoyable at higher ranks, reports for obvious trolls/derankers/cheaters seem to do nothing... The amount of smurf and 100miller+ accounts is obscene sometimes, and unlike TF2 it's not even a free game. ESEA has so many subscribers who're paying just to play CS without the bullshit now. They can't even get the bloody rules right in CS, the 45 second bomb timer makes retakes/clutches

slower and dumber and they're the most exciting parts of the game.

Unless Valve have been neglecting CS:GO to come up with some genius MM system (or pull a Quake Live and add in game-wide changes that completely fuck the game up for everyone) in TF2 I'd imagine this is only good for TF2Center. They make it free to play and it'll be shit, or pay-to-play and any increase in popularity for comp TF2 sends a new bunch of F2Ps to TF2Center

t5clmeV.png

#19 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:20 AM

Valve knows their shit (see: CS:GO)

If Valve manages to make TF2 MM as good as their implementation of MM in CS:GO I have high hopes for TF2Center - their servers aren't good, the ranking system promotes cheating which makes the game regularly unenjoyable at higher ranks, reports for obvious trolls/derankers/cheaters seem to do nothing... The amount of smurf and 100miller+ accounts is obscene sometimes, and unlike TF2 it's not even a free game. ESEA has so many subscribers who're paying just to play CS without the bullshit now. They can't even get the bloody rules right in CS, the 45 second bomb timer makes retakes/clutches

slower and dumber and they're the most exciting parts of the game.

Unless Valve have been neglecting CS:GO to come up with some genius MM system (or pull a Quake Live and add in game-wide changes that completely fuck the game up for everyone) in TF2 I'd imagine this is only good for TF2Center. They make it free to play and it'll be shit, or pay-to-play and any increase in popularity for comp TF2 sends a new bunch of F2Ps to TF2Center

The current infrastructure doesn't scale. TF2C and serveme.tf can't handle much more users than they do now.

#20 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:43 AM

The current infrastructure doesn't scale. TF2C and serveme.tf can't handle much more users than they do now.

Where did you pick that wisdom up?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community Input