#1 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Hey, I would like to know what we can add to the site to make the whole experience easier for newbies.

1. maps

Comp.tf has a bunch of info on most competitive maps, adding a link to it on a lobby page (on or under the map icon would help a bunch

2. Class descriptions

A short description on a class slot that explains it's role gives an indication for a new player what he should do

3. difficulty level 

If Jon's API is used, we could show an average skill level of the lobby itself. Making it easier for new players to avoid those.

I would like more ideas like these, please let us know anything that could help new players find their place in tf2center

• Captain Pegleg likes this

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

3 Could also be used if we ever decide to make it so that lobbies don't get so insanely stacked (would help not discourage newbs if they get don't get always wrecked by stacks)

• Captain Pegleg likes this

#3 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:19 PM

Not bad, but I do think this is kinda unnecessary because of, like you said, comp.tf 

#4 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

Not bad, but I do think this is kinda unnecessary because of, like you said, comp.tf 

New players probably don't know about comp.tf, or can't bother to look up map tactics / callouts.

Class icon linking to guides on our forum

#5 Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:16 AM

A link or write-up somewhere accessible about the differences between HL, 6s, 4s, etc. would be valuable, I think. Common newbie mistakes, pitfalls, things to watch out for, that sort of thing. Another would be a glossary of terms that someone who has only played pubs wouldn't understand right away. Calling, lit, combo, etc. There is one on the TF2 wiki already but a link to it would be excellent.

Ultimately I think a newbie link or page that someone with 0 or single digit lobbies gets shown would be helpful. When someone first signs up for the site they can get a nice overview, maybe with links to more information or just a "Got it!" button to make it go away. Something like that.
76561197964522552.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community Input