• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cikada

Cikada

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

I was curious what implementation Tfc has for the ragequit counter, and if there is a way to avoid being marked, such as in the case You need to do something and You need to go, like a addition of a button to leave the lobby due to some kind of lack of being able to play, although You can only use this every so often, and You get marked or something if You abuse it.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:50 AM

Don't think of the ragequit counter as couting ragequits (we're planning on changing the name). Simply, it counts games left. We understand that sometimes you really have to go, but it makes sense to count it regardless, otherwise ragequitters could use that method to get away from the counter.

I think that if you wait for your sub to join after you've reported yourself, it does not count.

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

The way to legally leave the lobby without being marked with ragequit already exists. While playing on a server just use "!rep our [your class]" command. You will be instantly reported. After that wait until a substitute will come and you will be automatically kicked from the server without getting RQ record in your profile.

Cheers.

#4 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

Wait, if you report yourself and leave you get a ragequit unless you wait to be kicked?

#5 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Wait, if you report yourself and leave you get a ragequit unless you wait to be kicked?

That is correct. You have to wait for the sub to join.
  • The Once and Future King likes this
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#6 Gewath

Gewath

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

So basically, if you want to leave a game, instead of reporting yourself and leaving the server, if you're playing an important class such as Medic, which would allow people to change to that Medic spot while a Sub is awaited, it's encouraged to !rep yourself, then go afk in the server, occupying the class slot and no one can kick you by any means until a Sub arrives (which can take forever for as unpopular a class as Medic), because that way you won't receive a ragequit.

Have I understood correct?

#7 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

Actually I think it is encouraged for you to !rep yourself and then continue playing until the sub arrives, if you go afk just to game the system you are no less of a scumbag than a politician.

--it's actually probably best you just don't join games you don't have time to finish.

Edited by The Once and Future King, 07 March 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#8 jmomo

jmomo

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

I had to rage quit twice on the same server where my ping ended up being 850ms.  The cause of the latency was congested peering point (CenturyLink) two hops up from the server.

I wasn't sure what to do at the time, so I just quit out of the game. I didn't realize that I could rep myself. I figured getting a rep was worse than a ragequit.

#9 Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

Probably a good idea to rep yourself if you know you have to leave, that way a replacement for you can get there ASAP.

76561197964522552.png

#10 Cobalt

Cobalt

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWashington, United States

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:44 AM

But then, what if it's just physically impossible for you to load the server at all? As in your computer lags/crashes, hl2.exe stops working etc.

#11 Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

You'll either get auto-reported after 3 minutes or the players will report you when they see you haven't shown up.

76561197964522552.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed