TF2C Profile: BarefootedLoner
Region: NA

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: Mumble
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: --

Before you say, "That's because you have a mumble ban", I have looked through all the mumble bans and I don't have any. I have made a post similar to this before, but all I received was a link to an old ban that has no relevance whatsoever to my current problem. I have had no problems using not mumble required lobbies, but mumble removes the barrier of communication, as most already know. If I have somehow overlooked a mumble ban of mine, can someone post the link to it? otherwise, I don't know what to do :/ -BarefootedLoner

(sorry for making another one but the admin who answered me didn't provide a legitimate answer and closed the thread before I could acquire the relevance of a ban 3 months ago when this current affliction started 2 weeks ago)

#2 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Loner,

You have chosen to not provide a lobby ID, or a date and time.  Your entire description of the problem is in the subject.  This looks a lot more like a complaint than a bug report.  Your results will depend on the accuracy of the information that you provide.

Please come to the table with good enough information for us to volunteer time out of our day to help you track down a solution.

#3 BarefootedLoner

BarefootedLoner

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, this probably isn't fixable, as I had no idea as to when this precisely happened. I could have grabbed the info if someone asked for it the first time, but I am disorganized and didn't even realized I had a mumble ban until a few weeks ago. It isn't a fresh ban. I don't expect for it to get lifted, even though I don't understand why it happened, I just want to know currently if there are any logs of mumble bans or something. Sorry about my inadequacy to think things through, and for wasting your time when you have more important topics to attend to. I'm a lost soul  :(

Just really like all the communication with mumble and I'm frustrated that I don't get to talk to people in lobbies anymore because I don't keep logs of all of my lobbies  :mellow:

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a filthy casual scrub who doesn't know anything about computers :/

oh, if this helps at all, it says the TLS/SSL connection has been closed when I fail to connect to the server

Edited by BarefootedLoner, 16 February 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#4 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

You have never connected to the mumble server on the IP we've seen you on the site / ingame.

I see no mumble bans either, so it's a client<->server mismatch. 

The most obvious thing would be incorrect time settings (is your PC's clock set correctly?)

Otherwise it might be certificate related (configure > certificate wizard > create new certificate)

#5 BarefootedLoner

BarefootedLoner

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

My clock says it's 10:34 EST 2/17/2015 right now, and I'm fairly sure that that is correct. I'll try out that certificate thing, let's hope for the best :)

Thanks for responding! I'll edit the comment and say whether the new certificate works or not. Oh, or could the problem be that I don't have the latest version?

Thanks so much, kKaltUu! Replacing my certificate worked. It turns out that I never provided a valid email and didn't back up my old one... x|

Edited by BarefootedLoner, 17 February 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#6 BarefootedLoner

BarefootedLoner

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:33 AM

EDIT OF AN EDIT: I was a a friend's house when the problem was solved, yes? I went back to my own house, attempted to start up mumble, and started getting the same problems again, because I am now using a different IP. Sorry to bring false hope, but any suggestions? Tried revalidating my certificate, didn't work.

#7 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:03 AM

Are you using a proxy to connect to the mumble? 

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#8 BarefootedLoner

BarefootedLoner

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

Not that I know of. Here's how I connect to it: open google chrome, join lobby, press the button to start mumble, it opens, and disconnects me with the reason in the topic name stated. I am using aT&T router as internet. I'll be going back to my friend's house today, I'll see if it still works there.

Edited by BarefootedLoner, 20 February 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#9 BarefootedLoner

BarefootedLoner

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:50 AM

I went to my friend's house, still the mumble "ban." Maybe something to do with me switching IPs a lot? I mean, I go to my friend's house almost every weekend.

EDIT: Made a new mumble certificate at my friend's house and it works again. Weird... didn't work when I did that at my own house.

#10 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

So... Fixed!
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed