• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseBurgah

CheeseBurgah

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

(Note: If it is in no one's power to restore or alter someone's reliability I understand and someone could post confirming so, and locking the thread, if it is in someone's power to restore or alter reliability please keep reading)

I recently got into lobbies and its been really fun, and one my third or second lobby, I went to Badwater with some friends and a little bit into the match I had to call my parents to order a pizza (I'm home alone, they're away and people under 18 can't order pizzas for some reason) and when I did a few minutes later my Dad calls back and (after taking seven hours to read back to me what he ordered) says that I have to put a traffic cone out by my mail box to let the pizza guy know where to deliver. I let everyone on the server know that I need to go for a bit and I go to put the cone by the mail box and when I come back it says "You have been reported and substituted" and I've been kicked from the game. And now my reliability is already pretty bad, that being my third/second game.

So if someone could restore my reliability that would be greatly appreciated and a nice thing to do, but if you can't I understand. I just don't want to people look at me and think "This guy's probably gunna rage quit"

I know it sounds silly but if someone could I would really appreciate it.

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

Umm, so you left a match to do all this stuff related to your pizza and got auto-reported by the system for being AFK and you want us to reset your reliability. Why should we do that? The system is there to stop people going AFK during a lobby for excessive periods of time (more than a few mins), if you knew you wanted to order a pizza and had to do all this stuff then don't join a lobby. Whenever I know I'll have to cook/order/eat dinner soon I never join lobbies because I know I won't have time to finish it before I have to go AFK. This is basic ettiquette and common sense.

Now if you had come to us and said your reliability had bugged out (which happens - TF2C is in beta) then I might have been more inclined to say yes (if this is even possible, I'm not a dev so I don't know). But you've basically come to us and said that you were reported fair and square for being AFK during a lobby.

Luckily for you it's not up to me but my honest opinion? I don't think so!

• The Once and Future King likes this
Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 CheeseBurgah

CheeseBurgah

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

Okay, I just hope I didnt sound douchey while asking this :(

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

I wouldn't worry about your reliability at this point, its rarely an issue. The stats will get reset eventually anyways.

Also, you didn't sound douchey

#5 CheeseBurgah

CheeseBurgah

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

Alright thanks :D

#6 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

maybe we should have a "Pizza quit" feature, that would totally cover all 1 situations for the next decennium...

• The Once and Future King, TheMattgician and Damien like this

#7 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

maybe we should have a "Pizza quit" feature, that would totally cover all 1 situations for the next decennium...

Haha, several times I was in "Sushi delivery pause" situations in lobby  :D

#8 Alphasupreme

Alphasupreme

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

Does your reliability lower when you are reported? Because I have the must irrational fear for some try-hard asshole reporting me for being new and ending up with terrible reliability.

• The VIP likes this

#9 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Yes, that's mainly what reliability goes off of. Unless you self-rep yourself, any type of report against you will lower reliability.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#10 Alphasupreme

Alphasupreme

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

Does it return to 100%? If not I need to be more careful, I'm down to 85% percent.

#11 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Yes. It's based off of the last 20 lobbies (originally 10, idk what update when it was changed.) If you play I believe around 5 lobbies without fail, it goes back up.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#12 The VIP

The VIP

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

Does your reliability lower when you are reported? Because I have the must irrational fear for some try-hard asshole reporting me for being new and ending up with terrible reliability.

That has happened to me twice already, and I've only played 3 lobbies. I went Medic because that's the only option I had, and after a while, like 3-4 min, they kicked me cause' I was really bad. I understand that I don't know jack about being a Medic in Comp, but I thought I should just give overheals to everyone, but apparently you get kicked for doing that. And now my reliability is at 70% and I just feel like going to lobbies anymore... :\

#13 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Go watch some YouTube vids about how to play med. This topic is about reliability issues.

#14 Mighty

Mighty

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

Uh... I actually had a bug that froze me on 'Sending Client Info', and my reliability went down to 60%. Can someone set it to 90?

#15 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:56 AM

Uh... I actually had a bug that froze me on 'Sending Client Info', and my reliability went down to 60%. Can someone set it to 90?

Of course! First of all, I totally know who you are, second, you want some special Achievements with that as well? Third, do you also want free donatorship? Anything for you buddy!

#16 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

Honest answer here is that you own your own reliability, and admins and mods do not have time and/or tools to fix it for you.

Don't stress out, as mentioned, it rolls off due to recent good behavior.

#17 I guess im a scout

I guess im a scout

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

Dear, TF2Center Admins,Moderators and Staff

My Reliability is at 80 which it shouldn't be.

The reason i am here is because i find that sometimes while i'm playing on a 6s or HL,

my TF2 decides to freeze i find it very annoying how when my team is about to cap or something, it just freezes is there anyway you can help me to prevent this problem from happening and put my Reliability back to 100 or at least 90?

Sincerely, TF2Center Admins,Moderators and Staff

#18 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

If you had read the posts above, we do NOT change reliability under any circumstances. Reliability reflects your activity in lobbies, so if you keep freezing, that is you at fault. Google your problem and try new methods of fixing it.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.