• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gregoravich

Gregoravich

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

There should be a tick box in the settings (default off when first on center of course) that causes a noise like a simple ding is heard whenever a lobby of your preferences (like location, game type- the options to filter lobbies like this are already there) opens up, so you dont have to sit staring at the lobby page waiting for one to come up in order to get a space as the class you want. this would be very helpful for users as they could just leave Center open and when they hear the ding, join the lobby they've been waiting for. especially helpful for users who want to play spy or sniper, because they get taken up so quickly and your only chance to get a spot as one is by staring at the page. it would also cause lobbies to be filled faster.

looking forward to feedback.

• Mother Tereza, nightblade, Robertzic and 1 other like this

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

I like this idea but it would have to be an option in the settings as I can imagine this would get a bit obnoxious after a while.

Note to devs: This idea is already on the suggestions list (which is not quite ready for publishing yet) but since there is no forum discussing this idea on here and the idea is under review I've approved this topic.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

Good idea. Might be worth to implement it, when we will come closer to user's settings.

#4 RoOfL

RoOfL

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

I just had the same idea, you can check that you are from Europe and you want to play 6s for better orientation in the lobby list, yet you still must look at the page to know if someone made one and if your class is free in an existing one, i think it would be great if you could like check that you want to play a demoman in eu 6s and as soon as there was one made with free demo post or there was a sub request for demo it would play some nice short sound. It would need like a treatment tho, because someone could just switch back and forward some class to play sound and annoy other users with the sound.

#5 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

I just had the same idea, you can check that you are from Europe and you want to play 6s for better orientation in the lobby list, yet you still must look at the page to know if someone made one and if your class is free in an existing one, i think it would be great if you could like check that you want to play a demoman in eu 6s and as soon as there was one made with free demo post or there was a sub request for demo it would play some nice short sound. It would need like a treatment tho, because someone could just switch back and forward some class to play sound and annoy other users with the sound.

Well this would be done client side, you would only be able to put your own settings (right?)

#6 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

That's why it is impossible to tie up sound to the slot's status. But subtle "ding" sound which tied with the new lobby of your preference could help.

#7 RoOfL

RoOfL

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Well this would be done client side, you would only be able to put your own settings (right?)

Yes, client side ofc, and if I wanted to play hl sniper I would switch it to eu hl sniper from 6s demo and it would play a sound when sniper slot is ready somewhere, etc. Or what did you mean

#8 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, we're talking about the same thing.

#9 JUST4FUN

JUST4FUN

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Hey, when i want to play a lobby i go on the webside here to check if there is any up. if there isnt i will go in tf2 and play some mge while waiting for one to come up...

But it often ends up in me just missing a newly created lobby which gets filled up in 2 secs, so i thought maybe we could have a setting where u can toggle on/off, a sound which plays every time a new lobby matching ur filters is created :D

I hope this will happen but until then have a good time :P

Edited by TheMattgician, 25 January 2015 - 02:16 AM.
Merged Threads

#10 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

This is a good idea and will be implemented at some point in the future, though it isn't very high on the list.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Approved