• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Do you even life

Do you even life

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

So when I join a lobby and were all ready upped and were joining instead of connecting me it says I need a password and well I dont know where to find that password and due to that it reports me and boots me from the server. If anyone can tell me where to find this password or if this is just a problem please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

• Enginty likes this

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

This is a common issue with using the in game browser. If you are, start using your standard desktop browser. If you aren't, let us know.

Will mark this "declined" for now as I believe it's not an issue on our side but I'll leave it open for you to respond just in case.

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Don't hurry with tags, Kenneth. Seems this is the major problem of last days for many users. This issue need to be discussed more.

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

So when I join a lobby and were all ready upped and were joining instead of connecting me it says I need a password and well I dont know where to find that password and due to that it reports me and boots me from the server. If anyone can tell me where to find this password or if this is just a problem please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Is the password not displayed in the top right corner of the box where the class slots are? The server connection information should appear under the reconnect button on the lobby page when the lobby starts.

Edit: Actually after re-reading what you have said I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Could you please post a picture of it if it happens again?

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#5 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

In Progress

#6 Blah

Blah

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Having this problem aswell, when I enter the server after the lobby is full and everyone has readied up I get a message saying password required. I asked people in the lobby for help and they replied with "...the page". I had no idea where it had the password shown on the page so couldn't join the lobby because I got no help at all. Have tried to join 3 highlander games today and have had the exact same problem with each one. Was looking forward to my first time on competitive today :/

Edited by Blah, 21 March 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#7 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

Screenshot please. Not sure where this password prompt is coming from.

#8 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

I guess, people are talking about in-game "bad password" message.

#9 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

I guess, people are talking about in-game "bad password" message.

Actually I think this thread is something else. I don't know who renamed the thread but it wasn't called this before. I think re-reading the original post it sounds like when they connect to the lobby server, the server itself is asking for the password again which it shouldn't be doing if he's auto-connecting. So in other words he's talking about the small grey password prompt box you get out of the game when you try to connect to a passworded server.

Former TF2C Moderator

#10 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Exactly, REM. I'm also talking about this "small in-game grey box". It is me, who renamed and pinned the topic. So now this is a topic about well known "bad password" bug.

#11 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

*What* is prompting for password? TF2? TF2Center? I have no idea what "well known" bug this refers to?

#12 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

OMG TF2 of course. This is in-game bug! Standard in-game message. People are trying to join server and their connection is refused with with message.

#13 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Exactly, REM. I'm also talking about this "small in-game grey box". It is me, who renamed and pinned the topic. So now this is a topic about well known "bad password" bug.

No but it's not a bad password it's the fact that TF2 lobby is not submitting the password at all whereas bad password is where it submits the wrong password and throws an error at you.

ndk1z7.png

Former TF2C Moderator

#14 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

As of 30/03/2014, we have added a system which updates the server password whenever a sub joins which should hopefully avoid bad password errors for subs. If people are still having problems with this issue then please reply to this thread.

Changed to "Completed". This thread will be archived in 5 days unless furthur discussion has been made.

Former TF2C Moderator

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed