5 replies to this topic

#1 SgtEntenbraten

SgtEntenbraten

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

I love playing lobbies, especially when everyone is in mumble. When I create a lobby, i set mumble required, and ask the power classes ingame to join mumble. Still, that usually doesnt help, and we end up sitting in mumble with 3 players, so calls are basically useless, and its almost like playing a pub.

I wished you could select an option, which makes mumble 100% necessary, and everyone who doesnt join, will be kicked automatically after 3 minutes of being 'afk'. 

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

This is the intended function of the "mumble requirement" that currently exists. However I think the devs are still working on a way to actually implement it properly.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

From what I understand, the way Mumble is made you can't check that kind of info.

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

We are working on Mumble reliabilty feature. Can't promise you autokick, but at least you could see how reliable your partner in terms of Mumble.

#5 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

From what I understand, the way Mumble is made you can't check that kind of info.

There's some form of api for mumble servers on the server IIRC, so it is, if I'm remembering correctly.

Edited by VoidWhisperer, 14 March 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#6 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

And even if it's not technically possible, it still should somehow be implemented.

From what MasterNoob has said: TF2Center has no punishment for not joining Mumble on Mumble Required Lobbies. EIther change the rules or create an extra option where joining Mumble is mandatory (and a valid reason to report these kind of players!)

If you want to cater towards the more skilled competitive players, it would be preferable to have a stricter ruleset that can be applied to these lobbies. 

Edited by kKaltUu, 15 March 2014 - 01:17 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed