Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Please, post your ideas about a future achievements here. Try to describe your ideas as detailed as possible.

• Leslieseks likes this

#2 Silver Toaster

Silver Toaster

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Achievement for joining mumble even though it's not required

• TheMattgician, ManSkirtDude101, dj_ and 5 others like this

#3 Tel'Zuhar

Tel'Zuhar

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

New achievement: mumble required lobbies played.

It can work in a similar way to the med, engi, heavy and unpopolar maps played achievements; in order to encourage playing mumble lobbies and reduce their fill time.

Edited by TheMattgician, 01 January 2015 - 06:18 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "New achievement: mumble required lobbies played"

• Tury likes this

#4 Yahiamice

Yahiamice

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

I thought of some achievements that track logs.tf stats:

"MOM GET THE CAMERA!" - Aquire over 500 headshots over your lobby career.

"Gunshot bride♫" - Realise over 10 AIRSHOTS in a single lobby.

"House M.D" - Run over 8 consecutive Übercharges in a lobby without a single drop.

"Air Strike incoming" - Have the highest killstreak 10 times.

"Racist" - Kill 13 demomen in the same lobby.

"Pedophile" - Kill 13 scouts during the same lobby.

"Words cannot describe how much i hate France right now" - Kill enemy spies 13 times during the same lobby.

"Medal of Honor" - Become MVP 50 times during your lobby career.

Etc...

• Tel'Zuhar and TheCapeKid like this

#5 Silver Toaster

Silver Toaster

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

I thought of some achievements that track logs.tf stats:

"MOM GET THE CAMERA!" - Aquire over 500 headshots over your lobby career.

"Gunshot bride♫" - Realise over 10 AIRSHOTS in a single lobby.

"House M.D" - Run over 8 consecutive Übercharges in a lobby without a single drop.

"Air Strike incoming" - Have the highest killstreak 10 times.

"Racist" - Kill 13 demomen in the same lobby.

"Pedophile" - Kill 13 scouts during the same lobby.

"Words cannot describe how much i hate France right now" - Kill enemy spies 13 times during the same lobby.

"Medal of Honor" - Become MVP 50 times during your lobby career.

Etc...

Can tf2center really track in-game stats though? I think they'd have to make a new system that reads info from logs. But then again logs aren't always updated.

#6 FromZero2Hero

FromZero2Hero

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

What you possibly could do is implement something on a player's profile page where other players can rate you if you've been helpful (or just kind?) during the lobby or just in general on the lobbypage. If you earn x amount of positive reputations, you earn an achievement. This could be abused tho, if people ask friends. So I'm not sure how that could work out. 

#7 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

What you possibly could do is implement something on a player's profile page where other players can rate you if you've been helpful (or just kind?) during the lobby or just in general on the lobbypage. If you earn x amount of positive reputations, you earn an achievement. This could be abused tho, if people ask friends. So I'm not sure how that could work out. 

I've treaded the waters of player rep, it gets very messy if you want to avoid abuse.

#8 FromZero2Hero

FromZero2Hero

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

I've treaded the waters of player rep, it gets very messy if you want to avoid abuse.

I didn't read the whole thing ( :P ), but I would not add negative reps. Simply because they are more frequently used than positive reps. 

#9 Ten'son'

Ten'son'

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:04 AM

BETA-TESTER

Honorable award for those who have played at least one lobby during the early beta period in 2013.

Different ranks for this one.

Like rank 2 for 2013 testers, rank 1 for 2014, and (actually) no rank for 2015 testers.

#10 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

Achievement for people who have had some kind of impact on the community

EG: Arie - serveme.tf

• Sterling likes this

#11 vice

vice

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Achievement for players from 1st Archimedes Cup.

Edited by vice, 04 January 2015 - 11:51 AM.

• Silver Toaster likes this

#12 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

I think a good achievement would be for how many lobbies someone has played in a single day. Like 5 lobbies in a day gets you one part of the achievement, 10 lobbies in one day gets the next, etc

• Mother Tereza likes this

#13 ManSkirtDude101

ManSkirtDude101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

Ban Hammer - get you're reported person banned from tf2center
76561198074630755.png

#14 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

Ban Hammer - get you're reported person banned from tf2center

Let's stay focused on a positive awards. Just think carefully about the possible consequences of your suggestion.

#15 vice

vice

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:12 AM

What about rank system like in CS GO or Dota 2? If you played and did your best, your teammates can visit your profile and "Like This" in 4 categories :1-best team captain, 2-friendly, 3-best player and 4-best teacher or something else, I said that for example and you can change that as you want.  ^_^

Btw, It's very sadly that you did achievements just for Medic,Heavy and Engi. Yeh, nobody wants to play these classes, but I will be a really happy if you decide to do another one for demo or scout.

#16 bubs^

bubs^

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Btw, It's very sadly that you did achievements just for Medic,Heavy and Engi. Yeh, nobody wants to play these classes, but I will be a really happy if you decide to do another one for demo or scout.

I think that's the point.

#17 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

The achievements' primary goal are to push people to do positive things. No one needs to be encouraged to play sniper, it's popular regardless.

• Ten'son' and vice like this

#18 Ten'son'

Ten'son'

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

LobbiesPlayed-Streak

Each consecutive day that you play a lobby the achievement increments.

Would be like: Highest LobbiesPlayed-Streak: 6 days in a row for someone that played 6 consecutive days, but the 7th day didn't (so the highest is 6, current is 0).

• TheMattgician and Tury like this

#19 MR SLIN

MR SLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

Tagging along with #18, it'd be super cool to have daily quests or a daily achievement that you can log in and complete each day. I don't know if you'd have a currency on TF2C like they have in Hearthstone, but maybe currency can be used to purchase certain rewards such as donator perks, etc.

#20 Cynical Cyanide

Cynical Cyanide

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

Tagging along with #18, it'd be super cool to have daily quests or a daily achievement that you can log in and complete each day. I don't know if you'd have a currency on TF2C like they have in Hearthstone, but maybe currency can be used to purchase certain rewards such as donator perks, etc.

When it comes to purchasing donator perks through a system like that, what should keep me wanting to donate as I already have? If all I have to do is play, which I do almost every day, why should I donate another 200 Euros to TF2 Center? I do, however, agree with the idea of daily achievements, but it would be a lot to track, let alone come up with a decent supply of randomly selected daily achievements.

While it came to mind, couldn't I change my desktop's time to 'farm' the time of day achievements?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community Input