• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Plasma Torpedo

Plasma Torpedo

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

As there already is a Mumble required lobbies only option in the Lobby Filter (that filters out non-mumble required lobbies), it would also make sense to include an option that filters out Mumble required lobbies. This option would be beneficial to players who only play on non-Mumble required lobbies, instead of those who play a mix of both kinds.  

• oxocuboid likes this

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

I like the idea of subtly inspiring people to use Mumble. There aren't that many lobbies that its hard to find the non-Mumble lobbies, so this issue isn't very limiting. I do understand that it could be done for the sake of consistency.

• Sterling likes this

#3 Plasma Torpedo

Plasma Torpedo

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

I like the idea of subtly inspiring people to use Mumble. There aren't that many lobbies that its hard to find the non-Mumble lobbies, so this issue isn't very limiting. I do understand that it could be done for the sake of consistency.

I acknowledge that Mumble is a very big part of tf2center lobbies, however, I also find it awkward that the Mumble check box is the only option under the "requirements" category and that there is no way to see only non-Mumble lobbies (potentially resulting in the thought that the filter is still lacking).

Edited by Plasma Torpedo, 01 January 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

This is officially a design choice. TF2C's goal is to push people from public to competitive, and there is no comp with no coms. If users block Mumble lobbies from their feed, they'll be less likely to pick up their mic.

• Plasma Torpedo likes this

#5 NorfolkTerrier

NorfolkTerrier

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

I am someone who isn't confident in their voice, but I want to play lobbies. Twice already I have seen a lobby with an open slot for a class I want to play in my area, only to find its mumble only. I would like a filter that didn't show any mumble-required lobbies. You have one that only shows mumble-required ones, why not the opposite?

Edited by TheMattgician, 07 January 2015 - 07:56 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Filter Out Mumble Required Lobbies"

#6 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Topic says it all.

Edited by TheMattgician, 25 January 2015 - 03:54 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Add filter Requirements: no-mumble."

#7 Cikada

Cikada

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

Any one think there should be a toggle switch for the leader if there are Mumble bans for not joining Mumble?

#8 oxocuboid

oxocuboid

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

Seriously, I don't care if you have some master plan for getting 18 people in highlander mumbles, the option for having a filter for non-mumble required lobbies would take very little effort considering the time has already been taken to implement the system and therefore would a no-brainer.

Please reconsider your decision to not include this feature, as while the newer competitive players may be happy with this lack of option, I feel that filters should not be up to the whim of the tf2c mods and should rather be a power feature for long-term and regular users of the site.

• oxocuboid and bobmus like this

#9 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:46 AM

Just so you know, this is not 'to the whim of the TF2C mods', but in fact straight from the developers. I'm the messenger here.

Also, how is this "power feature"? We'll reconsider the decision if you can offer a reason that extends beyond "You should add it because you should add it".

#10 bobmus

bobmus

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

Every single person I know who plays center prefers non-mumble enforced lobbies, some to the point of not even bothering to join mumble required lobbies.

Why not add a feature for these people who don't want to hear the chatter of people they don't know or like, especially when it's there for the minority who want to filter for mumble-only lobbies?

#11 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

I can't possibly understand how you can consider playing a competitive format without comms.

There's an option for those who do not wish to be on Mumble, but we certainly aren't going to start catering to them. As I said before, our aim is to move people from public to competitive. If new players block out Mumble-lobbies from their view, they'll never make the transition.

• Mother Tereza, obla, The Once and Future King and 2 others like this

#12 bobmus

bobmus

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

Because I find the competitive game formats fun, but not necessarily "competitive" as such in a lobby environment.

This is by no means a bad thing, and I think you'd be missing the point of lobbies as a casual way of getting into/playing competitive to dismiss those who prefer to chat to friends/listen to music.

#13 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:04 AM

You can still do that, we're just not promoting it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined