obla

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSydney

Steam Profile

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Talked to MasterNoob a bit about this, here goes! Excuse the pickyness, have experience from commercial beta testing.

Not going to include any of the previous suggestions.

WEBSITE

• Add OC (Oceania) to the 'Players Online' box. Show the top three regions and how many Players are online.
  • Expand the FAQ
    • What does a green box around the class mean? 
    • What does it mean by Reserved?
    • RULES <- Could do with its own page considering the events that have happened to prevent arguments from occuring again.
    • other common questions that arise.
  • Fix ragequits and reliability. If server shuts down, everybody gets that as a ragequit (until the too many substitutes error kicks in). The current 'reconnect' time before TF2Center calls for a substitute could be extended by 30 seconds for people with slower computers? 

FORUMS

• Main header (TF2Center, Forums, Members). TF2Center is currently directing to the forum home page. Should redirect to the TF2Center page (lobby page).
  • Profile dropdown, few allignment issues with the images. Also assuming you will add images to the rest of the items? Really not a big issue, could be dealt with if necessary.
  • Hide the protected forums from the public. 

MISC

• Would more mumbles be in the pipeline? The Lobby host could then choose which mumble they use, as many players have high ping to the current mumble server.

Great lobby site guys, more suggestions to come tomorrow.

Edited by R.E.M., 09 March 2014 - 10:32 PM.
Edited to show which issues I know have been fixed, the rest are under review

-poke-

#2 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the post.

Top Three Regions - yeah, as we're expanding into more regions.

FAQ - I've kinda neglected that, and expanding it is on my todo-soon list! Thanks for the suggested questions.

Ragequits - I'll bring this up at the next meeting we have to work out what the exact current behaviour is, as I thought this was handled.

Forums - Hadn't noticed about the profile dropdown - we knew about the links though (and should be fixed soon!)

Mumbles - We spoke before about having different mumbles for different regions. User experience seems fine for now (even AU guys use the EU mumble with no complaints I've heard). For now, the cost of supporting various mumbles isn't worth it, but that may change if we hear of more players wanting that, or as needs arise.

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Status changed to "Complete"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed