#1 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Instead of people needing to go to the main page and ask for an admin, maybe lobbies and main page could have a button.  Admins can keep some screen up on their 2nd monitor and it can make a noise maybe somewhat less alarming than Heavy guy saying "who's not ready" loudly.

We could extend that to the system like !rep in-game.  Although I am not sure that we have enough people to do that.

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

My only concern with this is, having been an on-call admin, this kind of work is extremely demanding. I used to be the admin for a very popular 32 slot Jailbreak server and we had more admins than TF2C does and I still found myself spending literally hours answering calls to the point where I couldn't even play the game anymore...

If TF2C is going to do this they're going to need a lot more admins as well as an even spread of people in different timezones. We have just opened applications for admin however so maybe this situation will change but for the moment I think this is too intensive for our current situation.

• Timon likes this
Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

(internet nod)

• Yahiamice likes this

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:31 AM

Even if we have enough admins for that, this feature will open a way to abuse admins' help. Water is always flows following the path of least resistance. So and here, people will use this button instead ask for advice in the chat or read the FAQ. I would like to enhance FAQ accessibility and visibility to encourage people use it more often.

#5 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

What kind of things would you envision the admins giving? I think the admin team in general is behind giving players the ability to do as much themselves as possible. For example if a leader is trolling a lobby, we'd rather implement a !vote closelobby function or similar rather than have players reliant on admins. It's better in the long term for both admins and players.

However, it's important to understand the use cases for this kind of feature. So let us know where the pain points are and we can do our best to alleviate them.

• R.E.M. likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined