11 replies to this topic

#1 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

You should add this if you want the site to be better, otherwise don't. The !rep system is horrible inefficient and the recent change made it worse. !rep me is a good improvement, !rep leavers is better still.

#2 Kent

Kent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

!report me/self

I can see this being useful.

!report leavers

Meaning to report everyone who isn't in-game? This could get messy. If someone has actually left, and someone else has disconencted (restarting, crashed, network issue, etc.) it will report them both.

Could you be more specific about the report system's shotcomings? That would help the developers improve it.

#3 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

Currently, there is an auto-rep system in place if someone exits the server, and doesn't rejoin within 3 (?) minutes.

!rep me or !rep @me would be useful addition. That way players know your reporting yourself and not someone else.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

3 (?) minutes is long enough of a time that it's better for everyone if the person reps themselves.

#5 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

But they don't rep themselves. This is the problem.

#6 quo

quo

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

There should be a punishment for !rep yourself and then leaving straight away without waiting for the sub to join, it completely breaks the flow of the game and ruins it for everyone else

#7 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:05 AM

Like, decreasing reliability?

If you are thinking temp bans, this will be implemented in Advanced Lobbies.

• quo likes this

#8 quo

quo

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

Like, decreasing reliability?

If you are thinking temp bans, this will be implemented in Advanced Lobbies.

Can be a combination of both, people need to know it's not okay to just join a lobby and then quit 5mins in making it even more one sided

#9 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

The problem with this is that people can't always control when they leave a game. I mean like their whole computer crashes and shuts off (happened to me a lot this summer when the temperature was really high, overheated my computer a few times). I think if you join a Advanced Lobby, and leave or crash or whatever without reporting yourself, you get a temporary ban (maybe like 1-4 hours?) from Advanced Lobbies.

#10 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

The problem with this is that people can't always control when they leave a game. I mean like their whole computer crashes and shuts off (happened to me a lot this summer when the temperature was really high, overheated my computer a few times). I think if you join a Advanced Lobby, and leave or crash or whatever without reporting yourself, you get a temporary ban (maybe like 1-4 hours?) from Advanced Lobbies.

We can't be responsible for broken computers of some players. This case even can't be discussed seriously. Lucky owners of broken PCs should fix it before using TF2C. Also this is a rare corner case. This discussion assumes that players are leaving intentionally.

#11 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

I think it's fair to say that some time there really is not control over having to leave. I've had a couple fire drills during lobbies.

As for the hot computer, if you live in a country where it's routinely get 40ºC, heating problems are bound to happen.

All of this is somewhat orthogonal to this thread's point though. It's really about rewarding (more like less punishment) for people who wait for their sub to arrive.

#12 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

I do this whenever I leave a game. I rep and leave when I have to leave, not a few minutes before. I don't play medic so I assume the spot gets filled pretty quick.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined